Speedometer for 1996 Explorer

Old February 23rd 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Alex

Default Speedometer for 1996 Explorer

My speedometer gets stuck at 50mph regardless of the speed I am
traveling. I guess I have to replace the entire instrument cluster.
Is it difficult to remove and replace the cluster?

Any advise would be appreiciated.

Thanks Alex

Old February 23rd 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Paul G.

On Feb 23, 7:15 am, "Alex" > wrote:
> My speedometer gets stuck at 50mph regardless of the speed I am
> traveling. I guess I have to replace the entire instrument cluster.
> Is it difficult to remove and replace the cluster?
>
> Any advise would be appreiciated.
>
> Thanks Alex

Autozone may have a procedure online, check their website:
http://www.autozone.com/

Also check the recent message about downloading the Ford service
manual, if you have a fast connection.

A Haynes manual will also have a procedure. The hardest part for me
was getting my hands behind the cluster and disconnecting the wiring
harnesses.
-Paul