99 ABS light on after driving in slush/salt, 2nd occurence

Old March 2nd 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mikepier

Default 99 ABS light on after driving in slush/salt, 2nd occurence

After the recent snow here in the NY area, I drove through a lot of
slush/salt on the road. A short time later my ABS light came on. This
is the 2nd time this has happened. Last year under similar conditions,
the light came on also. It went out after a few days. I'm hoping the
same thing will happen again. Obviously this must be caused by the
road salt contaminating a sensor or something. Does anyone know what
it could be the problem?