2003 Honda Pilot - battery dies

Old November 29th 04, 02:50 AM
Lori A. Campoli

Default 2003 Honda Pilot - battery dies

I have a 2003 Honda Pilot w/ 15K miles. For the third time, the battery has
died on me after the car sits for a couple days with an interior light left
on.
Is it a feature that interior lights do not automatically shut off after a
certain amount of time? Is this supposed to happen?
Otherwise, I am very happy w/ the car.
thx, LAC

Old November 29th 04, 03:02 AM
Joel Blutfield

Are you sure the interior light switch is in the correct position? There are
3 positions on the switch. It should be set to the middle position.

Old November 29th 04, 03:02 AM
Joel Blutfield

Old November 29th 04, 03:06 AM
Randolph

"Lori A. Campoli" wrote:

> I have a 2003 Honda Pilot w/ 15K miles. For the third time, the battery has
> died on me after the car sits for a couple days with an interior light left
> on.
> Is it a feature that interior lights do not automatically shut off after a
> certain amount of time? Is this supposed to happen?
> Otherwise, I am very happy w/ the car.
> thx, LAC

Was the interior light on because the switch was turned on or because
one of the doors were left open? Perhaps I do my car-shopping in a lower
priced segment than you do, but I have never seen interior lights that
shut off by themselves.
Old November 29th 04, 03:06 AM
Randolph

Old November 29th 04, 03:09 AM
Sean

"Lori A. Campoli" > wrote in message
m...
> I have a 2003 Honda Pilot w/ 15K miles. For the third time, the battery

has
> died on me after the car sits for a couple days with an interior light

left
> on.
> Is it a feature that interior lights do not automatically shut off after a
> certain amount of time? Is this supposed to happen?
> Otherwise, I am very happy w/ the car.
> thx, LAC

No, the interior light will not turn off on their own. If they are left in
the on position, they will stay on. The lights auto-off feature you're
probably thinking of refers to the headlight. They will turn of after a
couple minutes if left on, providing the key is not left in the ignition.

Sean

Old November 29th 04, 03:09 AM
Sean

Old November 29th 04, 05:38 AM
Gordon McGrew

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:50:02 GMT, "Lori A. Campoli"
> wrote:

>I have a 2003 Honda Pilot w/ 15K miles. For the third time, the battery has
>died on me after the car sits for a couple days with an interior light left
>on.
>Is it a feature that interior lights do not automatically shut off after a
>certain amount of time? Is this supposed to happen?
>Otherwise, I am very happy w/ the car.
>thx, LAC

Traditionally the interior light is controlled by a simple, dumb
switch so it doesn't turn itself off. Some newer cars may have such a
feature - consult your owner's manual. Since it is running down the
battery, it could be assumed that your car doesn't have this feature.

I would think that a relatively new battery could handle a couple days
with an interior light on. But if the light is particularly bright or
the battery unusually weak, it might be drained.

Old November 29th 04, 05:38 AM
Gordon McGrew

Old November 29th 04, 06:06 AM
motsco_ _

Lori A. Campoli wrote:
> I have a 2003 Honda Pilot w/ 15K miles. For the third time, the battery has
> died on me after the car sits for a couple days with an interior light left
> on.
> Is it a feature that interior lights do not automatically shut off after a
> certain amount of time? Is this supposed to happen?
> Otherwise, I am very happy w/ the car.
> thx, LAC

Check if the light in the glove box is shining on the owner's manual.

'Curly'