CRX mystery wires.

Old May 23rd 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Meathead

Default CRX mystery wires.

1988 CRX DX. Took the Heat/AC control/switch block out of the dash
today. Noticed something odd. Sticking out of the side about halfway
back (driver's side as installed) are two black wires. There is a
factory notch in the cover to allow this, yet the wires are cut off.
They are both factory soldered to the circuit board inside. Apparenly
this was meant to be but what are they for and why aren't they in the
harness like everything else? This part may have been swapped in from
another model Civic/CRX (?) if that means anything...but I'm not 100%
certain. Thanks!

KL

Old May 24th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Meathead wrote:
> 1988 CRX DX. Took the Heat/AC control/switch block out of the dash
> today. Noticed something odd. Sticking out of the side about halfway
> back (driver's side as installed) are two black wires. There is a
> factory notch in the cover to allow this, yet the wires are cut off.
> They are both factory soldered to the circuit board inside. Apparenly
> this was meant to be but what are they for and why aren't they in the
> harness like everything else? This part may have been swapped in from
> another model Civic/CRX (?) if that means anything...but I'm not 100%
> certain. Thanks!
>
> KL

they're for the lamp that lights the heater control dial. most people,
after breaking the front bezel trying to remove the control panel from
the front, then proceed to break off those two wires separating the
heater control to disconnect the control cables. if your control panel
is not broken, you can try re-soldering the wires. otherwise, i suggest
you invest in a new control panel from hondaautomotiveparts.com and
learn how to fit it FROM BEHIND and not break anything. don't forget to
remove and replace the mounting bracket underneath the radio mount.

forget ebay or craigslist or junkyards. these things are almost /NEVER/
unbroken, even when the vehicle's been serviced by honda dealers. by
new and save the brain damage - it's under $300 iirc.

Mystery car! STUK Auto Photos 5 May 19th 07 09:51 PM
is it possible to have multiple wires arc and have nothing wrongwith wires?? AWN Technology 12 May 7th 07 09:20 AM
'93 GCL mystery pin SBlackfoot Chrysler 0 December 29th 05 02:47 AM
car mystery G Saturn 1 March 14th 05 11:58 AM
mystery SUV Lloyd Randall Driving 26 December 28th 04 06:49 AM