CRV door needed/ Salvage questions

Old January 9th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jst

Default CRV door needed/ Salvage questions

I need a right rear door for a Red 2000 CRV. I have checked the local
area salvage yards with no success. One yard had a door that they
described as "B" condition that would need an hours work to clean up. I
drove 125 miles to look at the door and it had serious problems that
were not acceptable. I need tips on how to locate a door from out of
state and how to best judge a door that is sight unseen. I cant afford
to spend $400 for a door and then another $400 to fix it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old January 9th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

jst wrote:
> I need a right rear door for a Red 2000 CRV. I have checked the local
> area salvage yards with no success. One yard had a door that they
> described as "B" condition that would need an hours work to clean up. I
> drove 125 miles to look at the door and it had serious problems that
> were not acceptable. I need tips on how to locate a door from out of
> state and how to best judge a door that is sight unseen. I cant afford
> to spend $400 for a door and then another $400 to fix it.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

=================================

We can't be much help with 'out-of-state' if we don't know what _state
you're in_. Keep in mind that red is the worst color for fading. If
yours lived in a garage and the donor car lived outside, there will be a
big difference, (depending on what STATE you're in).

Why not repost and mention where you are in the subject line?

'Curly'
Old January 11th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jst

motsco_ wrote:
> jst wrote:
>> I need a right rear door for a Red 2000 CRV. I have checked the local
>> area salvage yards with no success. One yard had a door that they
>> described as "B" condition that would need an hours work to clean up.
>> I drove 125 miles to look at the door and it had serious problems that
>> were not acceptable. I need tips on how to locate a door from out of
>> state and how to best judge a door that is sight unseen. I cant afford
>> to spend $400 for a door and then another $400 to fix it.
>>
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> =================================
>
> We can't be much help with 'out-of-state' if we don't know what _state
> you're in_. Keep in mind that red is the worst color for fading. If
> yours lived in a garage and the donor car lived outside, there will be a
> big difference, (depending on what STATE you're in).
>
> Why not repost and mention where you are in the subject line?
>
> 'Curly'

Thanks for the reply, I decided to go with a local door and get it
painted. There are to many things that can go wrong with buying a door
online and i never even considered your idea.

Thanks again