Engine Shaking

Old July 2nd 05, 06:12 AM
jadd6810

Default Engine Shaking

I just baught this '65 bug a few weeks ago. At the time it didn't run. I
got it running in only a few hours. I did a typical tune up, plugs wires,
filters, coil, replaced the points with electronics. Anyways... When I put
it in gear, it feels like the engine is trying to jump out of the back. The
entire car shakes. Once I finally get it goin, it settles down. But just
getting it going is trouble enough. I dont want to damage anything else.
I am sure it has something to do with the trany, but I dont know what. I
adjusted the clutch today, but it still does it. (funny story to go with
that: I adjusted it too much and couldnt get it in gear at all, had to get
neighborhood kids to push me back in the garage. haha) Could it be just a
trany mount? I am not even sure where to look for one as I am new to VW's.

Old July 3rd 05, 09:06 PM
bug '59

Do you have a "bowden tube" in your clutch kabel?

hth
Roger

"Michael Cecil" > schreef in bericht

Old July 3rd 05, 09:44 PM
Shag

Oil on the clutch disc. It's a possibility, anyway. I had the same
problem and that's what it turned out to be. I'd have saved time if I
just pulled the engine and checked it out and gotten it over with.
Congrats on getting it running. If the plug wires were swapped around
then it would be running rough all the time, not just when you first
start to get it moving.

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:06:37 +0200, "bug '59"
> wrote:

>Do you have a "bowden tube" in your clutch kabel?
>

>hth
>Roger
>

>"Michael Cecil" > schreef in bericht
.. .

Old July 4th 05, 09:33 PM
jadd6810

< Do you have a "bowden tube" in your clutch kabel?
What is that?
This weekend I pulled the Engine, the rear mounts are pretty messed up. I
am going to replace them, replace the clutch, and misc. engine stuff while
its out as part of our restoration. So hopefully that will take care of
it. I sure hope so, I would hate to do all this and it doesnt fix the
shaking. But I did notice the entire engine is shaking it shook the Air
cleaner off just pulling it into the garage.

Old July 6th 05, 06:05 PM
bug '59

Check out the site www.ramva.tk .
Click in the left frame on the link 'Gearbox and Clutch' .
There is a toppic 'bowden tube' explained by John Henry.

This might help.

Roger

"jadd6810" > schreef in bericht
lkaboutautos.com...