BG vs Techron

Old August 31st 04, 04:21 AM
Blah Blah

In article >, says...
> TB cleaning done, new fuel filter, lots of crud in old fuel filter, so mech
> thinks lots of crud in tank as well makes sense. The prob originated from
> wife not driving car hard enough, now stalling when stopped in drive or
> reverse, bucks when accelerating. Three mechanics looked at it, all keep
> saying keep putting fuel cleaner in (either BG or Techron).
>
> marx404

Sounds like tcc is acting up but I dont think it should be engaging
while in reverse.
Old August 31st 04, 11:52 PM
Philip Nasadowski

In article >,
"marx404" > wrote:

> TB cleaning done, new fuel filter, lots of crud in old fuel filter, so mech
> thinks lots of crud in tank as well makes sense. The prob originated from
> wife not driving car hard enough, now stalling when stopped in drive or
> reverse, bucks when accelerating. Three mechanics looked at it, all keep
> saying keep putting fuel cleaner in (either BG or Techron).

Change the plug wires if they're lousy?

TCC could be it, If you can unplug it on a Saturn, I'd do that to check
that. Check the EGR valve (if it's stuck or whatnot) too.

And DRIVE the car a bit. The computer might just need to relearn
things. Undo the negative, clean it, clean the positive, hook both back
up, and drive the car for a while, both around town and on the highway.
Might just need to flush the last crud out + get the computer's head
sorted out...
Old September 1st 04, 03:32 AM
Oppie

"Philip Nasadowski" > wrote in message
| TCC could be it, If you can unplug it on a Saturn, I'd do that to check
| that. Check the EGR valve (if it's stuck or whatnot) too.

TCC - Torque converter clutch solenoid...
I had to look that one up. Always knew it as the torque converter lock-up
control.Good to learn something new every day.

If there is a lot of crud in the fuel tank still, it may be coating the
'sock' that filters the coarse crud at the fuel pump inlet. Result is low
fuel pressure. If that's the case, drop the tank and/or flush it out.
Oppie

Old September 1st 04, 03:39 AM
marx404

Thanks but did all that. The question was.....BG or Techron, which is
better.
Thanx anyways. The Techron is cheaper.

marx404

Old September 2nd 04, 07:10 PM
Ted

Don't think you are going to get Techron for $3 unless it is used as an
additive to something else.."contains Techron" get the real thing don't
screw around.. I believe they have a 12 gallon size and a 20 gallon size,,
the larger is close to $10..Follow the directions.. and when you get to the
last 1/4 tank or so.. "pound" on it a little .. if you have some hills a
few good runs with heavy throttle up them in 2nd would be perfect to move
some extra fuel through the system and "break loose" some of the crud that
is "almost out".

Also I have heard that water will swell that sock and cause fuel delivery
problems.. I have never pulled one out when this was a problem so I can't
comment on this directly..