how to replace a body rocker

Old December 30th 04, 09:30 PM
Speedy Jim

Default how to replace a body rocker

Dave wrote:
> Does anybody know what is the best way to replace a complete body rocker on
> a '69 beetle? It is the only that has to be done on the car so I am looking
> for a good and fast way to do it without much mechanical work.
>
> Greets and thanks,
> Davy
>
> '55 oval
> '69 bug
> '67 SC

Good, fast, and no work??

Pop-rivets and Bondo.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old December 30th 04, 10:06 PM
Tim murphy

> Good, fast, and no work??
>
> Pop-rivets and Bondo.
>

> Speedy Jim

Jesus...Jim ......Rivets and bondo...AAARRRGGHHH.
Bite your tongue. ;-)
Tim

Old December 30th 04, 10:23 PM
jjs

"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message
> Good, fast, and no work??
>
> Pop-rivets and Bondo.

Started New Years celebration a little early, Jim?

Old December 31st 04, 03:07 PM
Mel P.

It can be done without removing the body. It's actually more difficult. I
speak from experience. You have to know exactly what and where to weld so
you don't end up welding the pan to the chassis. Measure, measure and
measure...especially the diagonals of the door opening.

--
Mel

77 Revived Bug & 70 Ghia Cabriolet
www.geocities.com/mpernice
PARTS FOR SALE: http://www.geocities.com/njvwclub/vwparts/index.htm
"Dave" > wrote in message
> What I mean is ...
> Do I have to remove the body from the pan or is it possible to do it

without
> that. The front well is damaged around the heater channel as well, but the
> rear of the beetle is OK.
> I just want to know if you can slide it in or you need to split the pan

from

Old December 31st 04, 06:22 PM
dragenwagen

really Jim Pop rivets and bondo?!!! you forgot the fiberglass!!!

Seriously...

Just about everything you need to know ....with pics on how it's done is
he (or how I did it)
http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen/heaterchannel.html

it is best, IMHO, if you do separate the body from the pan.
BE SAFE! and have fun. any questions? If you do, there are a number here
that have undertaken such a task.

************************************************** **************
dragenwagen
1966 Type I - Daily Driver
1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Their Territory."
************************************************** **************

Old December 31st 04, 07:31 PM
MUADIB®

>> Pop-rivets and Bondo.

>Started New Years celebration a little early, Jim?

I recall a previous post about drinkin beer..........That right
Lightspeed .............or should I say "Bud Light-speed" jim?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Old December 31st 04, 09:46 PM
Dennis Wik

Over the years I've used many rivots and body/pan repair sections with
very good results.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old January 1st 05, 12:58 AM
MUADIB®

>Over the years I've used many rivots and body/pan repair sections with
>very good results.

Most of us have done some oddities in our past. I've used galvanized
tin and a whole bunch of metal screws to patch a floor a couple of
times.............got tired of getting a shower evrytime I drove
through a puddle. Sealed it with roofing tar from home depot
too..........worked well, till the car got totalled.

Old January 1st 05, 02:13 AM
Shaggie

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:58:47 GMT, MUADIB®
> wrote:

>>Over the years I've used many rivots and body/pan repair sections with
>>very good results.

>Most of us have done some oddities in our past.

LORD, CAN I GET AN "AMEN"!?!?!? ;-)

---

"Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix
"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old January 6th 05, 01:56 PM
Kafertoys

>Does anybody know what is the best way to replace a complete body rocker

> for a good and fast way to do it without much mechanical work

> Pop-rivets and Bondo.

MTV's pimp my ride has this as one of there lession plans....lol

Mario

lookin 4 butch VW air cooled 12 December 17th 04 12:38 AM
New valve body part number for infamous transaxle problems at twice the cost John Hupp Saturn 3 December 8th 04 05:04 PM
Body Shop Adviice James Sutherland Dodge 12 October 25th 04 08:56 PM
My Beetle's Maintenance Schedule - Help Please! Sleepy Joe VW air cooled 0 October 18th 04 01:53 AM