VERY Slow Stevie Boy

Old September 26th 04, 04:05 AM
JH

Default VERY Slow Stevie Boy

First Stevie Boy posts this:

> But I'm used to driving cars that do it in under 7, and any small or
> medium sized sedan that can't feels VERY slow to me.

Than he posts this:

> The only one of these cars I have *owned* is the 2002 GTi.

Than Edmunds (and other mags) write this:

> VW claims the new (2002)GTI can scoot from 0 to 60 mph in just 7.5 seconds,

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/volk......Volkswagen*

No further comment.

LOL

Old September 26th 04, 07:40 AM
Steve Grauman

>First Stevie Boy posts this:
>
>> But I'm used to driving cars that do it in under 7, and any small or
>> medium sized sedan that can't feels VERY slow to me.

Notice I said "...I'm used to DRIVING cars that do it in under 7..." I've DRVEN
many cars capable of sub-7 second 0-60 times.

>Than Edmunds (and other mags) write this:

>> VW claims the new (2002)GTI can scoot from 0 to 60 mph in just 7.5 seconds,

Sorry ass-face, but Edmund's review is (as always) slow. According to Car and
Driver my car does the 0-60 dash in 6.5, Motor Trend says 6.8.

>No further comment.

Nope. =)
Steve Grauman
Old September 26th 04, 02:42 PM
JH

Stevie Boy spewed:

>>Than Edmunds (and other mags) write this:

>>>VW claims the new (2002)GTI can scoot from 0 to 60 mph in just 7.5 seconds,

> > Sorry ass-face, but Edmund's review is (as always) slow. According to Car and

> Driver my car does the 0-60 dash in 6.5, Motor Trend says 6.8.

Foul language BOY, and bad reading comprehension. VW claims 7.5.
Suppose they might know? Try giving up more comic books and video games.

....and follow this link for your mag 0-60 times:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...01scc_20gsgti/

....and I'm done humiliating you...it's not necessary...
You're very capable of doing it by yourself here.
Old September 27th 04, 03:54 AM
Steve Grauman

>Foul language BOY, and bad reading comprehension. VW claims 7.5.
>Suppose they might know?

No, actually, they wouldn't VW's 0-60 times (just like those from Porsche,
Audi, BMW, MB, and most others) are VERY conservitive. Car and Driver, Motor
Trend and Road and Track all produced sub 7 second 0-60 times with my car. If
the 3 biggest automobile related publications on earth can agree about it, then
it's probably the truth. SCC is a second-tier magazine that I canceled a
subscription to. Only those enamoured with Honda can garner any enjoyment from
it or would believe what they publish. Here's what C&D said:
"At 6.5 seconds, the 1.8-liter turbo powers the GTI to 60 mph more than a
second quicker than the SVT Focus and a second and a half quicker than the
Civic Si. The logbook is filled with praise for the powerful and tractable
engine. "So plentiful is torque at low rpm that I don't have to shift at all
going up tight mountain passes," wrote one test driver."

Here's the URL:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....e_id=2361&page
_number=2

>and I'm done humiliating you...it's not necessary...
>You're very capable of doing it by yourself here.

Wait, let me reprint this:
Old September 28th 04, 04:34 AM
Rob Guenther

It is true, German car makers post conservative numbers for their cars,
probably because they don't want people come come back disapointed.

Maybe 7.5 seconds if with an engine that hasn't been broken in too... That
would explain the ~12 second rating on diesels, a very tight engine
initially.

Slow hot Cranking Oliver Gunnell Audi 1 December 4th 04 07:19 PM
Since it's slow... Jan VW air cooled 5 November 4th 04 11:34 PM
brakes responses very slow after letting the brake fluid come out mike113 Honda 4 November 2nd 04 11:08 AM
92 LT1 coupe, slow starting jameson Corvette 36 October 28th 04 10:14 PM