67 GTA

Old November 13th 04, 11:17 PM
Jim Coulter

Default 67 GTA

I am looking at a 67 GTA coupe. However, the vin number is 7R01Cxxxxxx.
From what I understand is that all 67 GTAs should have an "A" in the 5th
position of the vin. Is this correct? I am suspecting that this is a GTA
clone and a factory GTA.

Jim

Old November 14th 04, 12:14 AM
Dinsdale

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:17:12 GMT, "Jim Coulter" >
wrote:

>I am looking at a 67 GTA coupe. However, the vin number is 7R01Cxxxxxx.
>From what I understand is that all 67 GTAs should have an "A" in the 5th
>position of the vin. Is this correct? I am suspecting that this is a GTA
>clone and a factory GTA.
>
>Jim

Didn't the "A" in GTA just mean automatic transmission?
(A-code engine is the 289-4 barrel)

The "C" is the 289 2-barrel...which, for 65-66 at least , I think
couldn't be a GT ...well a factory GT, I guess the dealer could make
any V-8 a GT.
Old November 14th 04, 02:06 AM
Gill

I thought they were either "K" Hi-Po 289 or "S" 390

Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
P-1SC & Some MM Stuff