Re Post of GM Extended warrenty question...

Old January 7th 05, 03:07 AM
C5John

Default Re Post of GM Extended warrenty question...

Hello, I have a 99 C5 with a **** poor parking brake, ( IF it catches at all
! ).This has always been the case, I've had the car since new. Now my extended
GM warrenty is expiring in a few months. Does anybody know if GM is required to
fix this under the extended warrenty? If the parking brake is considered a
safety feature I think they should. I would like to find out before I go in for
it so I can have my ducks in a row. Anybody know?
Thanks, C5John
Old January 7th 05, 03:56 AM
StingRay

"C5John" > wrote in message
> Hello, I have a 99 C5 with a **** poor parking brake, ( IF it catches at
> all
> ! ).This has always been the case, I've had the car since new. Now my
> extended
> GM warrenty is expiring in a few months. Does anybody know if GM is
> required to
> fix this under the extended warrenty? If the parking brake is considered
> safety feature I think they should. I would like to find out before I go
> in for
> it so I can have my ducks in a row. Anybody know?
> Thanks, C5John

John, skip over to alt.autos.gm and ping "shiden_kai" with this question.
shiden_kai, a.k.a. Ian, is a GM technician who is very knowledgeable on most
GM related issues and Ian is really helpful on issues such as yours. -
StingRay

Old January 7th 05, 03:56 AM
StingRay

Old January 7th 05, 12:45 PM
CardsFan

"C5John" > wrote in message
> Hello, I have a 99 C5 with a **** poor parking brake, ( IF it catches at

all
> ! ).This has always been the case, I've had the car since new. Now my

extended
> GM warrenty is expiring in a few months. Does anybody know if GM is

required to
> fix this under the extended warrenty? If the parking brake is considered

> safety feature I think they should. I would like to find out before I go

in for
> it so I can have my ducks in a row. Anybody know?
> Thanks, C5John

1. If this has been a problem since the car was new, where have you been
the last 6 years?

2. A warranty (sp.) is a warranty.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old January 7th 05, 12:45 PM
CardsFan

Old January 7th 05, 03:45 PM
Tip

"C5John" > wrote in message
> Hello, I have a 99 C5 with a **** poor parking
> brake, ( IF it catches at all
> ! ).This has always been the case, I've had the car
> since new. Now my extended
> GM warrenty is expiring in a few months. Does anybody
> know if GM is required to
> fix this under the extended warrenty? If the parking
> brake is considered a
> safety feature I think they should. I would like to
> find out before I go in for
> it so I can have my ducks in a row. Anybody know?
>
> Thanks, C5John

Hi John,

Did you try to tighten the parking brake by backing up
and applying the parking brake to stop? I also have a
'99 C5 that had a "loose" parking brake, and I think I
tightened it by this method. (I thought self-adjusting
parking brakes had been around for a long time.) Of
course you know, you also should but the manual
transmission in reverse when you park.

Regards,
Tip

Old January 7th 05, 03:45 PM
Tip

Old January 7th 05, 05:13 PM
StuffFinder

If you have the GM Major Guard warranty, this should be covered with no
problem as it does not fall under any of the few "not covered" items in the
Major Guard contract.

Visit the JLA FORUMS CORVETTES SECTION AT:

http://jlaenterprises.ath.cx/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=20

Old January 7th 05, 05:13 PM
StuffFinder