Happy trails to you...

Old June 29th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Happy trails to you...

Well, i finally did it. The civic will be gone as of this time tomorrow.
I sold it on Ebay for my reserve price of $5495. 52k miles, 5spd, A/C,
service manual, owners manuals and all paperwork. A fun lil car that
never let me down in the 8 years ive owned it. Hopefully the new owner
will appreciate it as much as i have.

Pardon me while i get a bit verklempt...

Anyhow, i start calling dealerships tomorrow, looking for a Scion xA,
5spd, in either dk blue, dk grey, or black. Then ill write the biggest
check ive ever written in my life
Old June 29th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well, i finally did it. The civic will be gone as of this time tomorrow. I
> sold it on Ebay for my reserve price of $5495. 52k miles, 5spd, A/C,
> service manual, owners manuals and all paperwork. A fun lil car that never
> let me down in the 8 years ive owned it. Hopefully the new owner will
> appreciate it as much as i have.
>
> Pardon me while i get a bit verklempt...
>
> Anyhow, i start calling dealerships tomorrow, looking for a Scion xA,
> 5spd, in either dk blue, dk grey, or black. Then ill write the biggest
> check ive ever written in my life

Shoot, I've been lurking this group with about 75% percent coverage since I
bought my first new Civic in 97 so I know you've been around for a long
time. You sure the xA is better than the Fit? I've guided people into
buying Toyotas (my parents included) but in all honesty, Internet parts
availability and the bar of support in RAMH and the general readily
available 'guruship' of Hondas has kept me around. I was an inch away from
paying MSRP for an FJ Cruiser several weeks ago, 'saved' by dealer greed;
thank something I didn't as that brick on wheels is dealing now. Might
still get it but have decided to take a drive of the RDX first. Good luck
and enjoy the new ride, I'm sure it will be as good as a trooper as the
civic.

Old June 29th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

You're not leaving the newsgroup, are you?

Life is too short not to point out you are a highly
positive, constructive, and good humored participant here.
Shucks, you're the one who said awhile back, given all else
I'd done on my Civic, bleeding them would be a non-event.
Hence I now have the satisfaction of two brake bleed jobs
under my belt in the last few years. Take credit. If Honda
is losing you, it's the Toyota online fora's gain.

I hope you'll at least update the group on how the Scion
transaction goes. Why not email the dealers instead of
phone? From reports here, seems like that strategy is pretty
effective.

"SoCalMike" > wrote

Old June 29th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike wrote:
> Well, i finally did it. The civic will be gone as of this time tomorrow.
> I sold it on Ebay for my reserve price of $5495. 52k miles, 5spd, A/C,
> service manual, owners manuals and all paperwork. A fun lil car that
> never let me down in the 8 years ive owned it. Hopefully the new owner
> will appreciate it as much as i have.
>
> Pardon me while i get a bit verklempt...
>
> Anyhow, i start calling dealerships tomorrow, looking for a Scion xA,
> 5spd, in either dk blue, dk grey, or black. Then ill write the biggest
> check ive ever written in my life

have fun! i have to say, i'd consider scion for a new car. i think
honda have rather lost the plot in recent years. if i have to buy a
mcpherson strut compact, i may as well buy from the company that do it
well rather than from the company that betrayed my confidence and
loyalty by dropping the single best thing that differentiated honda from
the rest of an achingly blah motoring world, wishbones on a cheap compact.
Old June 29th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"SoCalMike" wrote

> Pardon me while i get a bit verklempt...

We'll "discuss amongst ourselves..."

Old June 29th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

jim beam wrote:
> SoCalMike wrote:
>> Well, i finally did it. The civic will be gone as of this time
>> tomorrow. I sold it on Ebay for my reserve price of $5495. 52k miles,
>> 5spd, A/C, service manual, owners manuals and all paperwork. A fun lil
>> car that never let me down in the 8 years ive owned it. Hopefully the
>> new owner will appreciate it as much as i have.
>>
>> Pardon me while i get a bit verklempt...
>>
>> Anyhow, i start calling dealerships tomorrow, looking for a Scion xA,
>> 5spd, in either dk blue, dk grey, or black. Then ill write the biggest
>> check ive ever written in my life

> have fun! i have to say, i'd consider scion for a new car. i think
> honda have rather lost the plot in recent years. if i have to buy a
> mcpherson strut compact, i may as well buy from the company that do it
> well rather than from the company that betrayed my confidence and
> loyalty by dropping the single best thing that differentiated honda from
> the rest of an achingly blah motoring world, wishbones on a cheap compact.

well, i gave em a shot and waited for the honda fit. its a really nice
car, but in order to get it spec'ed the way an xA comes standard, id
have to spring for the "sport" model, which is close to $16k.

that "magic seat" is neat, but not worth three grand.

i considered waiting around to see how the nissan versa is going to be
like in person, but then i came to my senses... its a *nissan* fer
chrissakes.

but yeah, after talking my mom into buying one in '03, its my turn. no
timing belt, and rampless/jackless oil changes will be really nice.

the new owner called, and we are meeting at my bank in about 45mins. i
hope she likes the car, and did her research before bidding...

itd really suck if she didnt know the CX has no power steering. but she
bid, she won, its hers...
Old July 1st 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:24:39 -0700, SoCalMike
> wrote:

>Well, i finally did it. The civic will be gone as of this time tomorrow.
>I sold it on Ebay for my reserve price of $5495. 52k miles, 5spd, A/C,
>service manual, owners manuals and all paperwork. A fun lil car that
>never let me down in the 8 years ive owned it. Hopefully the new owner
>will appreciate it as much as i have.
>
>Pardon me while i get a bit verklempt...
>
>Anyhow, i start calling dealerships tomorrow, looking for a Scion xA,
>5spd, in either dk blue, dk grey, or black. Then ill write the biggest
>check ive ever written in my life

Good luck. Don't make a stranger of yourself.