Need A/C Hose for 1990 Grand Caravan - any sources other than dealer?

Old June 26th 05, 10:39 PM

Default Need A/C Hose for 1990 Grand Caravan - any sources other than dealer?

I'm hoping someone can help me. I need a replacement suction-side
Freon hose for my 1990 Dodge Grand Caravan. This van has the 3.3L
Engine, Variable Displacement Compressor and does not have rear A/C.
My problem is I haven't been able to find this hose anywhere other than
the dealer, who wants $240 for it.
All the hoses I've found have been for the 3.0 Liter engine (which I
believe has the fixed displacement compressor) or for 1989 or 1991.
Does anyone have a source to reccomend? I don't want a used one as my
logic is any used one is just as old and not likely to be much better
than my broken one. I really don't want to pay $240 at the dealer for
it - is there anywhere else?

Thanks!
Eric Kotz

Old June 27th 05, 03:18 AM

Unfortunately, the metal portion of it has actually corroded away and
is what needs to be replaced, the rubber itself is fine.

Old June 27th 05, 06:31 AM
CaravanGuy

Have you tried eBay? You should find one MUCH cheaper there.

Old June 27th 05, 07:20 AM
bottomfeeder

Then search a wrecking yard for another and have it 'rehosed'.

There are many a/c shops that sell aftermarket hoses as well.

Old June 27th 05, 01:27 PM

Can you suggest any A/C shops that have this hose, or at least a wide
selection of hard-to-find hoses? As I mentioned earlier, all the shops
I've checked do not have the hose I need.
The same with eBay - every hose except the one I need.

Eric Kotz

Old June 27th 05, 06:45 PM
bottomfeeder

Google: