Why we do this...because our cars make peope happy.

Old December 20th 04, 03:21 AM
MUADIB®

>> Listening to most of you guys make me wish I had used condoms when I was
>> traveling around the country and the world in the 60's.

>That's GOTTA be the best put-down here in months.

Other than maybe..............

"Yeah, most of us wish you had too."

Ok, maybe not as good, but a solid "return" jab.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Old December 20th 04, 05:00 AM
Birdlander

Nothing at all. My job requires me to have a car while at work, otherwise,
I'd walk back and forth.

Old December 20th 04, 01:04 PM
Shaggie

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:18:42 -0600, "jjs" > wrote:

>"Birdlander" > wrote in message
>> [...] Granted, I
>> know only drive six miles/day round-trip to work

>Pathetic. What you got against a little exercise every day?

Heh heh. You're funny, JJ. :-)

---

"Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix
"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old December 20th 04, 01:53 PM
jjs

"Birdlander" > wrote in message
m...
> Nothing at all. My job requires me to have a car while at work,
> otherwise,
> I'd walk back and forth.

Interesting. So they require you to have a car, but don't specify that it
has to run or be reliable? If I had a job that required a car I'd tell 'em
to provide the thing.

Old December 20th 04, 03:22 PM
Kafertoys

>Many companys are doing away with company cars today for liability. They pay
>little car allowance and if the grunt gets into a wreck, they are not liable.

LOL Bill I make my secretary use her car. After 13 accedents in her 10 yrs of
driving, I'm not putting her behind the wheel of precious metal.

Mario
Old December 21st 04, 12:18 AM
jjs

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
> John Stafford wrote:
>
>>Interesting. So they require you to have a car, but don't specify that it
>>has to run or be reliable? If I had a job that required a car I'd tell 'em
>>to provide the thing.

> Many companys are doing away with company cars today for liability. They
> pay a
> little car allowance and if the grunt gets into a wreck, they are not
> liable.

Well, I have a surprise for the employers - in most states if the employee
is driving for the employer, the employer is still liable.

Old December 21st 04, 12:34 AM
Mike C.

Vicarious liability. The master is liable for the actions of the employee
provided the employee is actually acting on behalf the employer and not on
their own "frolic"

Goes back to english common law.