Mach 1000 head unit removal...

Old December 30th 04, 04:08 PM
BigRandy

Default Mach 1000 head unit removal...

I'm trying to install an aftermarket headunit but I need help removing the
factory Mach1000 head unit. Can anyone help?

Old December 31st 04, 12:18 AM

I believe it's the same as the Mach 460's... you need DIN removal tools
(available at Walmart stereo section), but if you can't figure that out...
you need to let a professional wire your new stereo rather than attempt it
yourself.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

lkaboutautos.com...

Old January 5th 05, 08:02 AM
Musttanguy

>From: "BigRandy"

>I'm trying to install an aftermarket >headunit but I need help removing the
>factory Mach1000 head unit. Can anyone >help?

The Mach 1000 decks use two (2) screws on a bracket on the bottom edge of the
radio. You need to remove the trim bezel that surrounds the A/C and radio to
gain access to the two screws.

If interested in selling the Mach 1000 deck please contact me,

TIM -aka-
MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM
http://www.PonyPerformance.com
Old January 29th 05, 02:44 AM
Jaysun

Hell, I just got the mach 1000 in my 2004 'stang GT. Pretty nice
factory stereo. Not too happy with the deck, though. The first guys
response of pulling the deck with the old school style removal tools
was totally false. What a jerk! "Have a professional do it?" That's
total crap, i've installed thousands of dollars of equipment over the
years, and have yet to see a head unit as counterintuitive as the Mach
1000. I hate these kids that think they know everything about the new
mustangs because the have a 98, which is similar ( i suppose) in a few
a few ways.

Thanks for the tip musttanguy, you rock.

-Jason
Wichita, KS

Old January 29th 05, 02:54 AM

I'm a jerk for trying to help? Nice! And yes, I'd recommend that a
professional handle it. If you **** it up, you're gonna spend more for
fixing it than you would have in just letting a person who knew what he was
doing handle it. If you've installed thousands of dollar of equipment...
then you aren't exactly an amaeteur are you? DURRHURR **** off, ass hat.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

oups.com...

Old February 1st 05, 07:25 AM

Jason, send me another filthy ****ing email like that again & I'll rip off
your ****ing balls.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

oups.com...

Old February 1st 05, 11:52 PM
Deputy Dog

Hey Mike, post it for the world to see!

Dave

Old February 2nd 05, 01:53 AM

Nah. I sent it in to Yahoo! Abuse & .

-Mike

Old February 4th 05, 03:59 AM
Jaysun

Mike,

Bring it, if your man enough. If you want to keep
typing **** back and forth, that's fine...You'll be doing it alone.
I'll give you a neutral place we can meet and settle this as men.
Hell, pick the place...I'll even meet you, if you're half the man that
you pretend to be. otherwise your just as good as the four letter
words you type.

by the way, I've got a couple of "fag" friends that I would love to
videotape raping you...I'm sure it'll go for prime online somewhere.

-Jason
Wichita, KS (more detail upon response)

Old February 4th 05, 07:51 AM

LOOOOOLLL!! How ****ing old are you kid? 3? "Oh **** son lets meet up & I'll
whoop your ass". Grow the **** up. Yeah you're a genuine BADASS for typing
threatening **** to me... big ****ing whoop. Pull your "fag" friends' dicks
outta yer ass & mouth & grow the **** up, douche bag.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant