2006 accord? difference between EX and LX?

Old August 19th 05, 03:01 PM
Seth

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> - So I like the 2006 Accord.. the question being again, when the new
> cars come out would their MSRP be the same as the '05 Accords right
> now? and would the '05 Accords go down in price? or would the '05
> Accords be about the same price as now and the '06 Accord be at a
> higher price?

The '06 should be "about" the same MSRP the '05 was. Maybe a small
difference. How much they mark down an '05 may be a moot point by then.
How many do you think they will have left? It's not like with GM where they
have tons of previous model year vehicles sitting around.

> - I found a 2004 Accord that I like with the lucrative reason being
> that whoever bought the car had bought a 10 year bumper-to-bumpuer
> warranty with it. Its a 2004 Accord EXL. When I am factoring in the
> pric I want to know approximately how much would the 10 year warranty
> cost? Also, when I purchase a used car how do I pay tax on it? (I am
> in New York City).

Tax is paid when you go to register/transfer title at the NYC DMV based on
A) tax rate for where you are registering the car and B) price stated on the
bill of sale you present.

Old August 19th 05, 07:47 PM

Anyone have any idea how much a 10 year bumper-to-bumper warranty costs
on a Honda Accord?

THanks,

Old August 19th 05, 10:20 PM
Dick

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:12:39 -0700, SoCalMike

>> Anyone have any idea how much a 10 year bumper-to-bumper warranty costs
>> on a Honda Accord?
>>
>> THanks,
>>

>from $800 on up, depending on how bad the dealer screwed the original
>owner. my g/f was offered a 7 yr extended warranty (first 3 covered by
>OEM warranty, anyway) for "only $30/mo"
>
>do the math on a 5 yr note... $30x 60= $1800. i said hell no, and they
>immediately dropped it to $600. she ended up taking it. i wouldnt have,
>but hey- its her car. and i saved her $1200 right off the bat.

Anyone who pays attention knows that extended warranties are cash-cows
for the companies. Ever notice how often you get asked now on the
most trivial of purchases? Even things that only cost $30 or so? It
is well known that extended warranties often make more profit for the
companies than profit on the product itself. In the long term, it is
not a cost-effective purchase.

Think in terms of buying a car. Let's say you negotiate a deal down
to $500 profit for the dealer. Then he tacks on a $1,000 extended
warranty. Which do you think will earn the dealer more money? I
would NEVER buy an extended warranty on a new vehicle.

Dick
Old August 19th 05, 11:02 PM
SoCalMike

Dick wrote:

> Think in terms of buying a car. Let's say you negotiate a deal down
> to $500 profit for the dealer. Then he tacks on a $1,000 extended
> warranty. Which do you think will earn the dealer more money? I
> would NEVER buy an extended warranty on a new vehicle.

i wouldnt either, especially on a honda or toyota. doubly especially on
a configuration that has an excellent track record. i bet the people
that got extended warranties on honda v6/automatic are happy
Old August 19th 05, 11:11 PM
Dick

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:02:50 -0700, SoCalMike
> wrote:

>Dick wrote:
>>
>> Think in terms of buying a car. Let's say you negotiate a deal down
>> to $500 profit for the dealer. Then he tacks on a $1,000 extended
>> warranty. Which do you think will earn the dealer more money? I
>> would NEVER buy an extended warranty on a new vehicle.

>i wouldnt either, especially on a honda or toyota. doubly especially on
>a configuration that has an excellent track record. i bet the people
>that got extended warranties on honda v6/automatic are happy

Well, I had a '99 EX V-6 and now a '03 EX V-6 and have not had one
minute of trouble with either one. Put a total of about 90,000 miles
on them. I know some people have had problems, but luckily not me.
In fact, the only problem I had with either of them was a leaky roof
railing trim strip in the '03. Just made it under the warranty
period.

Dick
Old August 20th 05, 02:46 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.. I was still a little confused by your
replies. You guys vehemently oppose extended warranties, but is it
really a bad idea to have everything in your car covered for a $1000
more bucks? I mean, if anything goes wrong with your car you end up
spending at a few hundred on it. And in Mike's case, a 7 year warranty
for $600 bucks? I understand that the dealer makes money on it, but
what do YOU really lose? A peace of mind for the next 10 years, and if
nothing goes wrong, you still only paid 600 bucks, rite?

And in simple terms would I be better off buying a new accord '05 rite
now, or wait till next month when the '06's come out for a better deal?

thank you very much!
ANd as dick said he just made it under the warranty period in '03. If
he hadn't what would your cost to fix that glitch have been?

I appreciate your replies and am not trying to discount them by any
means. I just dont know too much about cars (its the first car I am
buying) and am thinking from different perspectives as to what would be
the best thing to do.

and mike what do u mean when you say
> i bet the people
> that got extended warranties on honda v6/automatic are happy

so are you saying that its good to get an extended warranty on an
automatic V6 or are you saying that the automatic V6's are crap? Maybe
I am a little too drunk from friday nite, but I believe that you were
talking about how warrnty SHOULDN'T be purchased, so why the switch?

I am very close to buying a car and

Old August 20th 05, 03:00 PM
E Meyer

On 8/20/05 8:46 AM, in article
, "
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your replies.. I was still a little confused by your
> replies. You guys vehemently oppose extended warranties, but is it
> really a bad idea to have everything in your car covered for a $1000
> more bucks? I mean, if anything goes wrong with your car you end up
> spending at a few hundred on it. And in Mike's case, a 7 year warranty
> for $600 bucks? I understand that the dealer makes money on it, but
> what do YOU really lose? A peace of mind for the next 10 years, and if
> nothing goes wrong, you still only paid 600 bucks, rite?

The only thing I have ever spent any where near $600 to repair on Hondas has
been the timing belt and the extended warranties don't cover that.

> And in simple terms would I be better off buying a new accord '05 rite
> now, or wait till next month when the '06's come out for a better deal?

The '05 will be immediately a one year old car. The line of reasoning here
should be about how long you plan to keep it. If you are thinking two or
three years, you will lose an extra year's worth of depreciation when you go
to trade it. If you plan to keep it forever (forever is about 5 years),
that doesn't come into play and you should go with the best price you can
get.

> thank you very much!
> ANd as dick said he just made it under the warranty period in '03. If
> he hadn't what would your cost to fix that glitch have been?
>
> I appreciate your replies and am not trying to discount them by any
> means. I just dont know too much about cars (its the first car I am
> buying) and am thinking from different perspectives as to what would be
> the best thing to do.
>
> and mike what do u mean when you say
>> i bet the people
>> that got extended warranties on honda v6/automatic are happy

> so are you saying that its good to get an extended warranty on an
> automatic V6 or are you saying that the automatic V6's are crap? Maybe
> I am a little too drunk from friday nite, but I believe that you were
> talking about how warrnty SHOULDN'T be purchased, so why the switch?

I find this comment confusing as well. Honda extended the warranty on the
transmissions that have problem potential to 7 years/100,000 miles, so an
aftermarket extended warranty would be pointless for this purpose.