2006 accord? difference between EX and LX?

Old August 17th 05, 02:15 AM

Default 2006 accord? difference between EX and LX?

Hi,

I am in the market for a new/used(2004-2005) Honda Accord and was
wondering what is the difference between the EX and the LX models?

Also, when would the 2006 Accord be coming out? If anyone has been
closeley following the cars previews is it something to wait for or
better to get the '05 instead? What are the good/bad things in the new
accord?

Lastly I am sure that there would be a unanimous agreement in that the
Accord is wayyy better then the camry (in this group at least), but am
wondering if someone could offer and unbiased opinion as to why is it
better and what (if any) are the drawbacks?

Thank you for your help.

Old August 17th 05, 02:59 AM
Dick

You will still be in the current generation. Expect only minor
changes. I have never seen a good reason to upgrade within a
generation. The 2006 should be out next month +/-. In my opinion,
now is the time to buy a 2005, not wait for a 2006. There are
significant differences between the LX and EX versions, but it's all
bells and whistles. The basic car is the same. Go to Edmunds
http://www.edmunds.com/ for a complete explanation of the differences.
You can also go to the Honda website http://automobiles.honda.com/ ,
but I like the way Edmunds explains it.

I don't think you will find unanimous agreement that the Accord is
much better than the Camry. Depends on what you are looking for.
Both are very reliable cars, and both hold their value well. The
Honda has a more sporting suspension, and many like its looks better.
The Camry is often described as being more like a Buick in the way it
rides and performs. Either car is an excellent choice.

Dick
2003 EX V-6

Old August 17th 05, 03:38 AM

Virtually no differences with the 2006 model compared to 2005.

The 2007's will have a revised rear end.

The 2008's will be all new.

Old August 17th 05, 04:04 AM
High Tech Misfit

> Hi,
>
> I am in the market for a new/used(2004-2005) Honda Accord and was
> wondering what is the difference between the EX and the LX models?

I think the EX has 4-wheel disc brakes, while the LX has front discs and
rear drums. The EX also adds a moonroof and some other fancy stuff.

> Also, when would the 2006 Accord be coming out? If anyone has been
> closeley following the cars previews is it something to wait for or
> better to get the '05 instead? What are the good/bad things in the new
> accord?

I don't know what changes Honda has planned for the '06 Accord. It was all
new for 2003, so if Honda maintains its usual 5-year cycle, the next
generation of Accord would arrive for 2008. I would imagine the '06 will
come out in the fall, as usual.

> Lastly I am sure that there would be a unanimous agreement in that the
> Accord is wayyy better then the camry (in this group at least), but am
> wondering if someone could offer and unbiased opinion as to why is it
> better and what (if any) are the drawbacks?

As I said to another poster recently, Camry has a slightly smoother ride but
Accord has slightly tighter handling. So if ride quality is a higher
priority then handling, then perhaps one should look at a Camry first.

And personally, I think the Camry looks better than the Accord sedan. But
the Accord coupe looks a bit better than the Camry-based Solara coupe.

> Thank you for your help.

No problem.
Old August 17th 05, 08:19 AM
noydb

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:04:26 -0400, High Tech Misfit >
wrote:

models?

>I think the EX has 4-wheel disc brakes, while the LX has front discs and
>rear drums. The EX also adds a moonroof and some other fancy stuff.

I'm pretty sure both have 4 wheel discs.
The EX has alloy wheels, the moonroof, and climate control.

You should check out edmunds.com

They have a bottomless pit of information.
Really good site, but you have to poke around a bit.

Cheers, --N

Old August 17th 05, 01:03 PM
High Tech Misfit

noydb wrote:

>>I think the EX has 4-wheel disc brakes, while the LX has front discs and
>>rear drums. The EX also adds a moonroof and some other fancy stuff.

> I'm pretty sure both have 4 wheel discs.
> The EX has alloy wheels, the moonroof, and climate control.
>
> You should check out edmunds.com
>
> They have a bottomless pit of information.
> Really good site, but you have to poke around a bit.
>
> Cheers, --N

I just looked on Edmunds, and we were both half right. The LX 4-cylinder
has front discs and rear drums, but the LX V6 has discs on all 4 wheels.
Old August 17th 05, 09:13 PM

If the new Hondas are due to come out in Fall does that mean that the
'05s would be on sale at that time? In which case is it advisable to
buy it right now or wait till the new models come out?

- What percent discount from the blue book invoice value would be a
"good price" to buy it for? For example if I am getting a car 5% less
then the listed invoice price on the blue book is that a good deal?

Old August 17th 05, 09:59 PM
SadaYama

You need to keep lookin' at the Edmunds web-site. Sometimes, dealers
will be given an incentive of $500 to $1000 to get rid-off older models
etc., You need to know this, before you go. Also, watch the newspapers.
Sometimes they advertise the sale price -- sometimes, absolute minimum.
Invoice price is one thing, but you need to look at dealer's incentive,
too.

Old August 19th 05, 02:19 PM

Hi,

A couple of questions:

- So I like the 2006 Accord.. the question being again, when the new
cars come out would their MSRP be the same as the '05 Accords right
now? and would the '05 Accords go down in price? or would the '05
Accords be about the same price as now and the '06 Accord be at a
higher price?

- I found a 2004 Accord that I like with the lucrative reason being
that whoever bought the car had bought a 10 year bumper-to-bumpuer
warranty with it. Its a 2004 Accord EXL. When I am factoring in the
pric I want to know approximately how much would the 10 year warranty
cost? Also, when I purchase a used car how do I pay tax on it? (I am
in New York City).

Thanks again for all your help.. much appreciated.