94-97 how to replace front wheel stud? DIY?

Old August 23rd 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

Default 94-97 how to replace front wheel stud? DIY?

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:50:10 -0700
Dr0pZ0n3 > wrote:

> as far as using a better portal to access the thread... lmao.. I'm
> using the site the damn thing is hosted on... it can't get much better
> than that.

"Dude"... The thing ain't hosted on any site. This is a usenet
newsgroup, not a web forum. Just because google happens to also provide
access to it doesn't mean that they host it.

--
Joe - Registered Linux User #449481

"Hate is baggage, life is too short to go around ****ed off all the
time..."
- Danny, American History X

Old August 23rd 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dr0pZ0n3[_11_]

Actually, it IS hosted on a web server... it's called " www.automotive
forums.com " which is exactly where I get access to it.

Automotive Forums > Unmoderated Usenet Topics > Honda would be the
path FROM the server that this is HOSTED ON to get to this particular
area...

--
Dr0pZ0n3
Dr0pZ0n3's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=471715

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old August 24th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Dr0pZ0n3 wrote:
> Actually, it IS hosted on a web server... it's called " www.automotive
> forums.com " which is exactly where I get access to it.

check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

your access is via a portal - usenet is not hosted on a web server.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#Web_interfaces

your portal is not threading correctly. if you use a proper news
reader, you will have a much better experience.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#Newsreader_clients

Old August 24th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:39:03 -0700
Dr0pZ0n3 > wrote:

> Actually, it IS hosted on a web server... it's called " www.automotive
> forums.com " which is exactly where I get access to it.
>
> Automotive Forums > Unmoderated Usenet Topics > Honda would be the
> path FROM the server that this is HOSTED ON to get to this particular
> area...

No, ****head, this is a usenet group. It is not hosted on any
particular server, and it is not accessible from the Web.

The forum that you are a member of has installed a web portal to the
news group. They do not host the group, they mirror it.

I think you just lost your argument. It is pretty clear that you are
intent on arguing points that you have absolutely no clue about. Have a
nice life, dip****...

Old August 24th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dr0pZ0n3[_12_]

I'm quite aware of what usenet is, and how it's accessed... thank you.

This "mirror" that you speak of, well, it's an image... just like any
mirror.. it holds an "identical image of what is being mirrored"...
correct?

Now.. that would mean that although UseNet is not in fact hosted on a
webserver, this particular "mirror" is... so I'm still correct in that
sense..

Still, to end this petty bull****, no matter who may have been wrong or
right, the point is that this thread has gotten so far off topic that
it's utterly worthless to continue posting.

I mentioned this earler, to no avail, in an attempt to end the
argument, which should never have started.. after finding that I
mis-quoted myself, I corrected myself, only to find that certain people
in this world are entirely unwilling to let something go as a mistake,
and must take time out of their lives to attempt to belittle others in
a futile effort to make themselves seem smarter.

It never works.

End it.. it's pointless, just get over it, and get back to your damn
lives.

Old October 3rd 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Dr0pZ0n3 wrote:
> heh... read a torque wrench.. it's measured in ft.lbs... which is
> "pounds per square foot."

It's always amusing to read posts by some totally oblivious poster. BTW,
I have a torque wrench, it's calibrated in Nm - does that mean it's not
metric?

I guess Car & Driver and Snap-On have it all wrong:

http://www.caranddriver.com/glossary...tml#pound-feet

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Maybe you should drop them an email and straighten them out? I'm sure
they'd be very grateful.
Old October 3rd 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:32:07 -0400, Tony Harding > wrote:

>Dr0pZ0n3 wrote:
>> heh... read a torque wrench.. it's measured in ft.lbs... which is
>> "pounds per square foot."

>It's always amusing to read posts by some totally oblivious poster. BTW,
>I have a torque wrench, it's calibrated in Nm - does that mean it's not
>metric?

pounds per square foot?
That's the funniest **** I've read all week.

I guess that explains why torque wrenches are always inflatable.