69 fastback drivers window

Old March 2nd 05, 06:22 PM

Default 69 fastback drivers window

The drivers window rolls up far past point that it hits beyond the seal
and is causing it to chip the window. Not to mention that its not
sealing properly with the quarter window. I know there is a adjustable
stop device but once the window is completely rolled up there is still
about a 1/4in gap between the rubber bumper and the window saddle. Not
sure whats preventing the from rolling all the way to the bumper but
its useless. Is there something I'm missing? The window is the old 69
glue in window and that seems fine. Seems to me if I can get the bumper
and saddle to actually touch the problem would be solved, however like
I said the bumper stop is all the way in the down position.

Old March 6th 05, 12:45 AM
66 6F HCS

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> The drivers window rolls up far past point that it hits beyond the seal
> and is causing it to chip the window. Not to mention that its not
> sealing properly with the quarter window. I know there is a adjustable
> stop device but once the window is completely rolled up there is still
> about a 1/4in gap between the rubber bumper and the window saddle. Not
> sure whats preventing the from rolling all the way to the bumper but
> its useless. Is there something I'm missing? The window is the old 69
> glue in window and that seems fine. Seems to me if I can get the bumper
> and saddle to actually touch the problem would be solved, however like
> I said the bumper stop is all the way in the down position.

Does the window lean in or out at the top? Did you check the bottom
adjustment under the door? It adjusts inward/outward motion of the window.
The bolt on the bottom allows the track inside the door to slip in and out.
Get the window in the right position when up, then tighten the bolt.
--
Scott W.
'66 Mustang HCS 289