Bronco Hesitation

Old March 1st 05, 10:04 AM

Default Bronco Hesitation

My 1989 Ford Bronco (in-line six, 4.9L, manual transmission 4wd) is
being a pain, and I wondering if you have any idea what this could be?

For a long time it has had trouble when it is warm and I shut it off
for a few minutes, then come out and start it again. I would restart it
and the ammeter periodically dropped and the engine would hesitate.
Then the fourth or fifth time it did that, it would stall, each time I
would start it.

Recently it has started to stall sooner and now it stalls repeatedly
and immediately when I restart it. Tonight to drive I had to wait until
I was ready to pull away before starting it, because it would not idle
for even a few seconds. Once I start driving or rev the engine
(although I hate to do that), it is fine. I will stop at a light or
whatever, and it idles just fine then.

Now, also, it is much harder to keep it running when it is cold.
Hitting the brakes and turning the wheel especially, in the first
minute or two causes it to die.

Lastly, when I am driving and come to a stop, then accelerate, if I get
on the gas too hard, it hesitates. I can keep it from acting like it is
going to die at those times by accelerating very gently.

So that is what all it is doing. What do you think? Please email me
directly > if you know the answer to this puzzle.
Thanks.

hesitation problem [email protected] Honda 4 December 25th 04 11:36 PM
Hesitation Blues NJSS Honda 2 November 11th 04 11:46 AM
97 Grand Caravan Engine Hesitation Russs Dodge 1 September 5th 04 09:50 PM
72 Ford Bronco Transmission Issue Miller 4x4 7 September 3rd 04 04:30 PM