Best and Worst Looking VW's of all time

Old February 28th 05, 10:34 PM
Tom Levigne

OH yeah. That goes near the top of the ugly list.
sorry.

Old February 28th 05, 11:06 PM
Brian Running

> Nice, but kinda feminine-looking, epsecially the rear of the roof/window
> area.

Don't like feminine rear ends, hey, Mike? Something you want to tell us?
Old February 28th 05, 11:23 PM
Bud Lite

No, please don't tell us.

Also, where does A5 Golf and Jetta go on the list? I would put this Golf
way higher than the Jetta which looks like a dam Toyota.

om...

Old February 28th 05, 11:35 PM
Tom Levigne

OK, here's the final revised list that we all now agree to:

Best (best on top):

1. Newest Scirocco
2. A4 Golf and GTI
3. A4 Jetta
4. Corrado
5. A5 Golf and GTI
6. New Beetle
7. Oldest Bus
8. A2 Jetta
9. 412 and 411
10 A2 Golf and GTI
11. Phaeton
12. Older Scirocco
13. A1 Golf and Rabbit and GTI
14. Passat
15. Vanagon and Polo (tie)
16. Newest Bus
17. Lupo

Worst (from ulgliest to less ugly but all are still ugly):

1. Fox
2. Thing
3. Squareback
4. Middle age Bus
5. Kharman Ghia
6. A5 Jetta
7. Toureg
8. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI
9. Old Beetle
10. Dasher

nk.net...

Old February 28th 05, 11:59 PM
michael

if you have ever owned a Corrado.. it has to be higher than 4th

timeless lines...

i still excited when i see a picture, or one in person

owning a Corrado is to appreciate VW form

my 2 cents canadian

cheers

Mike

nk.net...

Old March 1st 05, 12:24 AM
Nate Nagel

I don't think anyone is ever going to agree on this list... personally I
think the original Scirocco is possibly the best looking VW ever... one
of Giugiaro's better designs, not too extreme but tight and classy at
the same time.

Personally I think the KG is 2nd and Corrado maybe 3rd... the form has
promise but a lot of its lines are ripped off from the old Studebaker
Avanti and honestly IMHO Loewy did it better. Those are probably the
only three VWs that I truly DROOL over although I do have a soft spot
for Mk2 Sciroccos having driven one for years. I miss that car sometimes...

I really don't get the evolution of the Golf/Jetta platform. I dunno
whether I like A1s or A2s better, it depends on the day, but each
iteration following has been less appealing to me than the one before
(OK, I like the A4 just because it had the ultra-badass 1.8T in it, but
other than that I can leave 'em all, A5 included. The 1.8T really
belongs in a Mk1 Scirocco anyway <G>)

nate

michael wrote:

> if you have ever owned a Corrado.. it has to be higher than 4th
>
> timeless lines...
>
> i still excited when i see a picture, or one in person
>
> owning a Corrado is to appreciate VW form
>
> my 2 cents canadian
>
> cheers
>
> Mike
>

> "Tom Levigne" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>
>>Oh I forgot any Karman Ghia which of course goes in worst list - probably
>>about 3rd or 4th to be exact (slightly uglier than old beetle).

hlink.net...

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old March 1st 05, 01:24 AM
Mystic

I hope I didn't annoy too many people. But it was a thing of beauty.

*MYSTIC*

Old March 1st 05, 02:10 AM
Rob Guenther

About the Audi's - I agree, they are the best looking sedans on the road
right now (A6 gets my top marks).

Old March 1st 05, 03:18 AM
Papa

Very nice!

Old March 1st 05, 03:32 AM
Tom Levigne

That's why this one is in the best looking group.