1999 Honday Odyseey EX - Heating Problems

Old December 9th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default 1999 Honday Odyseey EX - Heating Problems

My 1999 Honday Odyssey does not heat at all. Dealer has filled and
flushed the heating system. They claim there is nothing wrong with the
van's heating and works to honda specs.. but in these freezing months,
I know the car does not heat up... at all.. We all can sit inside all
bundled up and with heating turned on and are still cold. Till about a
year ago, we all couldnt turn the heat above 70 without boiling
ourselves.. now at 90 we are freezing. And yes, engine does show its
hot, car vent blows what can be best described as "not-cold" air, but
it is definetaly not hot. Just wondering if anyone else is having a
similar problem and any suggestions on what to do to fix it. - Thanks,

Old December 10th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

wrote in news:1165685109.359052.145560@
80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

> My 1999 Honday Odyssey does not heat at all. Dealer has filled and
> flushed the heating system. They claim there is nothing wrong with the
> van's heating and works to honda specs.. but in these freezing months,
> I know the car does not heat up... at all.. We all can sit inside all
> bundled up and with heating turned on and are still cold. Till about a
> year ago, we all couldnt turn the heat above 70 without boiling
> ourselves.. now at 90 we are freezing. And yes, engine does show its
> hot, car vent blows what can be best described as "not-cold" air, but
> it is definetaly not hot. Just wondering if anyone else is having a
> similar problem and any suggestions on what to do to fix it. - Thanks,

At some point, Honda switched from mechanical Bowden cables to electrical
motors to control cabin heating.

If your controls move as though there were no cables attached (very light
effort needed), then you have the electronic version. What happens then is
one of two things, depending on your system's design:
1) Heater control valve does not open in heater hose, or
2) appropriate blend door does not open in the heater box inside the
passenger compartment.

Either way, not a difficult diagnosis. You need a better dealer.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/