2008 Toyota Land Cruiser

Old October 14th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
john

Default 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser

Do you remember how it felt the very first time you engaged cruise
control? That momentary sense of no longer being in control, that the
car had assumed command? That's how Toyota's new crawl mode in the
2008 Land Cruiser feels at first. You select the function, take your
foot off the brake, and the car proceeds under its own management.

Of course, in crawl mode (which functions only in low range) the new
Cruiser moves forward very slowly-there are three speed choices on a
rotary switch in the dash, and none of them is faster than a walking
pace. The cool trick is that the vehicle will maintain that pace
through thick and thin, adding power to get the truck over big moguls
and using the traction control and downhill assist to negotiate holes
and grades. All you need to do is steer.
full article here
http://www.zone-car.com/?2008-toyota-land-cruiser.php

Old October 14th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
drb[_2_]

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:23:36 -0700, john > wrote:

>Do you remember how it felt the very first time you engaged cruise
>control? That momentary sense of no longer being in control, that the
>car had assumed command? That's how Toyota's new crawl mode in the
>2008 Land Cruiser feels at first. You select the function, take your
>foot off the brake, and the car proceeds under its own management.
>
>Of course, in crawl mode (which functions only in low range) the new
>Cruiser moves forward very slowly-there are three speed choices on a
>rotary switch in the dash, and none of them is faster than a walking
>pace. The cool trick is that the vehicle will maintain that pace
>through thick and thin, adding power to get the truck over big moguls
>and using the traction control and downhill assist to negotiate holes
>and grades. All you need to do is steer.
>full article here
>http://www.zone-car.com/?2008-toyota-land-cruiser.php

Its funny you mention this as I was just watching a nature show last
nite and the host's vehicle was following him and his partner slowly
while they walked ahead and it was without any driver. At first I
thought I missed the driver but it was driverless. I had never seen
this before. I don't know for sure it was a toyota but I think it
was. They used it in the African bush to photograph wild animals.
Old October 14th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Default 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser / National Geographic

drb wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:23:36 -0700, john > wrote:
>
>> Do you remember how it felt the very first time you engaged cruise
>> control? That momentary sense of no longer being in control, that the
>> car had assumed command? That's how Toyota's new crawl mode in the
>> 2008 Land Cruiser feels at first. You select the function, take your
>> foot off the brake, and the car proceeds under its own management.
>>
>> Of course, in crawl mode (which functions only in low range) the new
>> Cruiser moves forward very slowly-there are three speed choices on a
>> rotary switch in the dash, and none of them is faster than a walking
>> pace. The cool trick is that the vehicle will maintain that pace
>> through thick and thin, adding power to get the truck over big moguls
>> and using the traction control and downhill assist to negotiate holes
>> and grades. All you need to do is steer.
>> full article here
>> http://www.zone-car.com/?2008-toyota-land-cruiser.php

> Its funny you mention this as I was just watching a nature show last
> nite and the host's vehicle was following him and his partner slowly
> while they walked ahead and it was without any driver. At first I
> thought I missed the driver but it was driverless. I had never seen
> this before. I don't know for sure it was a toyota but I think it
> was. They used it in the African bush to photograph wild animals.

:-) Dude, the vehicle was able to drive SLOW by itself AND take pictures
as well ? ?
National Geographic should buy an entire fleet of them suckers!

:-)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser john Chrysler 7 October 21st 07 01:41 AM
Toyota Land Cruiser 08 john General 0 October 14th 07 06:19 PM
Toyota Land Cruiser 08 john Technology 1 October 12th 07 02:07 PM
Toyota Land Cruiser 08 john Jeep 0 October 12th 07 01:40 PM
'95 Toyota Land Cruiser No Start Hewie General 2 April 11th 04 09:06 PM