Soft top compatability

Old March 1st 05, 02:47 AM
Endo

Default Soft top compatability

Will a soft top from an '02 fit on my '97? I understand the new ones are
sailcloth and someone wants to sell me one due to buying a sunrider. For
that matter how about hard tops? I just want to make sure which way it
works. I thought I heard that the new stuff will fit the old Jeeps but the
old stuff won't fit the new Jeeps due to the redesigned safety crap at the
top of the windshield frame.

Shawn

Old March 1st 05, 03:56 PM
IsellJeeps

Yes hard & soft tops are compatible -- I have put 03 hard tops on 05 tjs and
vice versa

Old March 1st 05, 04:32 PM
twaldron

I don't see why the soft tops wouldn't work, but 97-02 hard tops are
vented, whereas 03+ are not (tailgate is vented). This makes them a
little less desireable of a changeover.

Endo wrote:

> Will a soft top from an '02 fit on my '97? I understand the new ones are
> sailcloth and someone wants to sell me one due to buying a sunrider. For
> that matter how about hard tops? I just want to make sure which way it
> works. I thought I heard that the new stuff will fit the old Jeeps but the
> old stuff won't fit the new Jeeps due to the redesigned safety crap at the
> top of the windshield frame.
>
> Shawn

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old March 2nd 05, 02:36 AM
Endo

I just wanted to make sure it would work. Something was different with the
header or something I thought.

Shawn

. com...

Old March 2nd 05, 02:40 AM
Endo

I'm talking new('02+) tops on old('97-'01) Jeeps...not new on new.

Shawn

. com...

Old March 2nd 05, 03:51 PM
IsellJeeps

yes they header is different inside the vehicle but they are still
interchangeable!

"Endo" > wrote in message
> I'm talking new('02+) tops on old('97-'01) Jeeps...not new on new.
>
> Shawn
>
> "IsellJeeps" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Yes hard & soft tops are compatible -- I have put 03 hard tops on 05 tjs
> > and
> > vice versa
> >

> > "Endo" > wrote in message
> >> Will a soft top from an '02 fit on my '97? I understand the new ones

are
> >> sailcloth and someone wants to sell me one due to buying a sunrider.

For
> >> that matter how about hard tops? I just want to make sure which way it
> >> works. I thought I heard that the new stuff will fit the old Jeeps but

> > the
> >> old stuff won't fit the new Jeeps due to the redesigned safety crap at
> >> the
> >> top of the windshield frame.
> >>
> >> Shawn

Bestop Soft Upper Doors don't fit! Rich M Jeep 4 February 8th 05 11:57 PM
Adjusting Bestop soft upper doors fit? Rich M Jeep 2 January 23rd 05 08:02 AM
96 Blazer soft top idea Invictus 4x4 3 January 19th 05 01:34 AM
best place for soft tops for 86? Raymond Prince Corvette 2 August 27th 04 04:28 PM