New A6 in Stick in US?

Old July 20th 04, 09:58 PM
Cam Newton

Default New A6 in Stick in US?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:29:36 -0400, smoke
<kwortley@nospamearthlinkdotnet> wrote:

I just received the latest edition of the official Audi prop rag and
its all about the new 6. I believe it comes with a 3.1 and 4.2 6 speed
tip w/q.

I could be wrong.

Old July 21st 04, 04:03 AM
Dave LaCourse

smoke writes:

>As an option, does anyone have any opinion of the '05 A6 with the 4.2 engine?

The same engine and the same xmsn in my 2000 A6 4.2 Q. Great car. Served me
well. Very good acceleration from an engine that will be around for awhile.
Perhaps the 05 4.2 will be 330 bhp. My 2000 was 300. Regardless, the 05
should be a great ride.

Not as good as my 03 RS6, mind you, but pretty good. d;o)
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old July 21st 04, 03:36 PM
Dave LaCourse

Peter Bell writes:

>Actually, the engine is slightly different from that in your 2000 A6.
>The new A6 V8 uses the engine from the allroad and current S4 (with a
>timing chain at the rear of the engine, instead of a belt at the front).
>In the case of the new A6, it is quoted at 335bhp.

Then it sounds like another winner from Audi. Think I'll hold onto the RS6 for
awhile, however.

Old July 21st 04, 04:01 PM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Dave LaCourse schrieb:

>Then it sounds like another winner from Audi.

I could testdrive that car. What a blast.

You could easily steer it through tight bends with the throttle.

Not that I am a track drive (at least with the car) but at reasonable
slow speeds that car just broke friction on all 4 wheels if desired..

Power like nothing I knew before.

And that with a tip.

Regards

Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *
Old July 21st 04, 04:06 PM
Saintor

> Actually, the engine is slightly different from that in your 2000 A6.
> The new A6 V8 uses the engine from the allroad and current S4 (with a
> timing chain at the rear of the engine, instead of a belt at the front).
> In the case of the new A6, it is quoted at 335bhp.
>
> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with

'bellfamily')

Not from the All-Road, but from the S6.

Old July 21st 04, 04:42 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Saintor" > wrote:

> > Actually, the engine is slightly different from that in your 2000 A6.
> > The new A6 V8 uses the engine from the allroad and current S4 (with a
> > timing chain at the rear of the engine, instead of a belt at the front).
> > In the case of the new A6, it is quoted at 335bhp.
> >
> > --
> > Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with

> 'bellfamily')
>

> Not from the All-Road, but from the S6.

Pardon?

The S6 had the old-style V8 with timing belt at the front of the engine.
The new style V8 was first deployed in the allroad.

Old July 21st 04, 06:14 PM
Saintor

Oh-oh. I learnt something today. V8 is not offered in Canadian All-Road.
http://www.audicanada.ca/model_home/...200417,00.html

But they are indeed on the Audi US site.

Thanks for the clarification.