Best way to dry out a car

Old September 23rd 04, 02:41 PM
Catman

Default Best way to dry out a car

Todays' top tip:

When you take your 'new' 75 [1] to the car wash, don't be surprised if it
ships about 4 pints of sosapy water.

Any suggestions as to the best way to dry it out? Footwells already lined
with paper / card

[1] You know. The one that's not been used since 99, and you got cos it's
only done 31k miles, and you checked the scuttle to make sure that it
hadn't rusted cos the drain pipes were left blocked [2]
[2] Yes. *those* drain pipes. I forgot to unblock the damn things.
Blower box full of water ATM, dripping merrily into the front footwells.....
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old September 23rd 04, 04:31 PM
Ex Alfa Adam

> When you take your 'new' 75 [1] to the car wash, don't be surprised if it
> ships about 4 pints of sosapy water.
>
> Any suggestions as to the best way to dry it out? Footwells already lined
> with paper / card

Unblock all the blocked things, then go to the place that re-sprayed your
116 - they'll have a 'low bake' oven to cure the paint on the cars that they
respray. Put your car into the oven having made sure you've jacked all 4
tyres off the ground. Switch oven to 'hot' and walk away for a number of
hours. Once it is dry, don't drive it for a few hours as the heat retained
in the car will really get to you.

Simple really! (brother had to do this after leaving his sunroof open all
night......)

Adam H

Old September 23rd 04, 05:41 PM
Neil G

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:41:07 GMT, Catman
> wrote:
-snip-

Soak it in ACF-50
Old September 23rd 04, 07:01 PM
Catman

?
Old September 23rd 04, 07:03 PM
Catman

Ex Alfa Adam wrote:

>> When you take your 'new' 75 [1] to the car wash, don't be surprised if it
>> ships about 4 pints of sosapy water.
>>
>> Any suggestions as to the best way to dry it out? Footwells already
>> lined with paper / card

> Unblock all the blocked things, then go to the place that re-sprayed your
> 116 - they'll have a 'low bake' oven to cure the paint on the cars that
> they
> respray. Put your car into the oven having made sure you've jacked all 4
> tyres off the ground. Switch oven to 'hot' and walk away for a number of
> hours. Once it is dry, don't drive it for a few hours as the heat
> retained in the car will really get to you.

Damn good idea that. Too far to go though

Old September 23rd 04, 07:13 PM
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> [1] You know. The one that's not been used since 99, and you got cos it's
> only done 31k miles,

OK, OK, you can stop rubbing it in.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old September 23rd 04, 07:45 PM
Catman

Old September 23rd 04, 10:30 PM
simon

My 156 used to ship water...
I used to use some spillage soak up mats we have at work.......sorry about
the long link...
http://www.newpig.co.uk/en_US/main.j...TGWCTGIQVCFEQK
MZCCWJVC?page=browse%2Fbrowse.jhtml&selectedGroup= PIG%AE+4+in+1%AE+Universal
+Mat&itemId=1LPIG%AE+4+in+1%AE+Universal+Mat&selec tedPlatform=Absorbents&ppa
nalysis=SEO&_DARGS=%2Fen_US%2Fbrowse%2Fplatform.jh tml_A&_DAV=PIG%AE+4+in+1%A
E+Universal+Mat

If you have an engineering supplies place near you they make have something
similar....
SS

Old September 23rd 04, 10:42 PM
Dr. Boggis

*cough* http://tinyurl.com *splutter*

--
-Take out Ron to reply-
Votre mère était un hamster et votre père a senti des baies de sureau
Old September 23rd 04, 11:02 PM
Catman

Dr. Boggis wrote:

> In article >,
> "simon" > wrote:
>
>> My 156 used to ship water...
>> I used to use some spillage soak up mats we have at work.......sorry
>> about the long link...

http://www.newpig.co.uk/en_US/main.j...TGWCTGIQVCFEQK

MZCCWJVC?page=browse%2Fbrowse.jhtml&selectedGroup= PIG%AE+4+in+1%AE+Universal

+Mat&itemId=1LPIG%AE+4+in+1%AE+Universal+Mat&selec tedPlatform=Absorbents&ppa

nalysis=SEO&_DARGS=%2Fen_US%2Fbrowse%2Fplatform.jh tml_A&_DAV=PIG%AE+4+in+1%A
>> E+Universal+Mat
>>

> *cough* http://tinyurl.com *splutter*

<g>

I would have a look, but NTL have decided that tonight I don't need web
access.........

Cheers