OT London

Old July 8th 05, 08:05 AM
Juper Wort

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:11:08 -0500, "johnboy" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Shag" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> >> My wife and daughter are in the area right now.

> >Suggest to your wife that she leave London, go to Oxford via the train.

It
> >leaves regularly. A short ride. And go to the Turf Tavern there, and

visit
> >Christ Church, where I went to school. It used to be quite pretty.
> >

> I'd pass along your recommendation to her, but I don't have constant
> contact with her. Wow, I miss her even more than I imagined I would,
> and I imagined I'd miss her a LOT. :-/ She won't be home until
> 7/20.

Where is she staying ? This whole place is quite small, and it doesn't take
long to get anywhere really.

My brother lives & works in London, and I had a frantic few hours yesterday
morning listening to various of his voicemails. Finally tracked him down to
stuck on a tube line somewhere just outside of the centre. Luckily him & his
wife went in late. She works right next door to the Edgware road site.
Phew. He said it was a strange feeling as everyone was just so quiet, but
they still got on with everything as best they could. Bliltz mentality,
apparently.
Hope everyone else manages to get through it somehow.

James

Old July 9th 05, 03:26 AM
Kevin Holzer

Shag wrote:
> My wife and daughter are in the area right now. They'd planned to
> visit London and see what there was to see there all day today, but
> fortunately my wife is not a "morning person" so they got up late
> enough that the news of the bombings had already come out. She
> emailed me to let me know that they wouldn't go to London today unless
> they were sure it was safe. Not sure how anyone could know that. I
> hope they just stayed away completely.

Talk about skirting with disaster...Good nothing happened!
-Kevin
Old July 9th 05, 03:30 AM
Kevin Holzer

TerryB wrote:
> My heart felt prayers and best wishes to all our friends over in
> London. Hope none of our RAMVA people have been directly touched by
> these Horrible events.

Speaking of which, what do these terrorists want? Can anyone come up
with something feasable the US could do to satisfy them? Is there
something that COULD be done? I mean theoretically, because I'm not a
fan of negotiating with people that want to kill innocent people...
-Kevin
Old July 9th 05, 03:42 AM
John Willis

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:30:08 -0700, Kevin Holzer >
scribbled this interesting note:

>TerryB wrote:
>> My heart felt prayers and best wishes to all our friends over in
>> London. Hope none of our RAMVA people have been directly touched by
>> these Horrible events.
>>

>Speaking of which, what do these terrorists want? Can anyone come up
>with something feasable the US could do to satisfy them? Is there
>something that COULD be done? I mean theoretically, because I'm not a
>fan of negotiating with people that want to kill innocent people...
>-Kevin

About the best thing that could be done is to provide some way of
removing their power. No high oil prices, no power because they'd have
no money. No money means no way to buy fertilizer for bombs. No bombs
means no more people dead by idiots.

Simple, really.

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old July 9th 05, 03:51 AM
johnboy

"Kevin Holzer" > wrote in message

> Speaking of which, what do these terrorists want? Can anyone come up with
> something feasable the US could do to satisfy them?

No. They live to kill in the name of anything that remotely justifies evil,
and if none, they make it up out of their own heads.

Old July 9th 05, 03:52 AM
johnboy

"John Willis" > wrote in message

> About the best thing that could be done is to provide some way of
> removing their power. No high oil prices, no power because they'd have
> no money. No money means no way to buy fertilizer for bombs. No bombs
> means no more people dead by idiots.

Terrorism is cheap. You are way off the mark.

Old July 9th 05, 11:33 AM
Jan Andersson

johnboy wrote:

> "Kevin Holzer" > wrote in message
>
> > Speaking of which, what do these terrorists want? Can anyone come up with
> > something feasable the US could do to satisfy them?

> No. They live to kill in the name of anything that remotely justifies evil,
> and if none, they make it up out of their own heads.

I don't think they even have a clear "cause".

If they were doing this in the name of Islam, they wouldn't have put two
bombs in the
middle of the main islamic community of London.

They just like to be assholes.

Jan
Old July 9th 05, 11:59 AM
Shag

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:51:09 -0500, "johnboy" >
wrote:

>"Kevin Holzer" > wrote in message
>
>> Speaking of which, what do these terrorists want? Can anyone come up with
>> something feasable the US could do to satisfy them?

>No. They live to kill in the name of anything that remotely justifies evil,
>and if none, they make it up out of their own heads.

I think that you could take a group of 100 people from the time they
were born and drill it into their heads over the course of 15 years or
so that the best thing that would ever happen to them would be to die
to go meet their God and virgins would be awaiting them in heaven,
blah, blah, etc, etc... And surround that group of people who
encourage killing "infidels" by means of suicide which would lead to
even greater rewards in heaven... I think you'd find that at least 5
of those original 100 people would actually be willing to commit
suicide and kill as many "infidels" as possible along the way. I'm
not sure how those ****tards got in their present state. I mean it
had to evolve into what it is today, but I think that's about what is
going on today. Current generations of terrorists are "by design" and
part of that design includes sustaining the herd. Or maybe it's just
something in their drinking water combined with the heat that is
baking their twisted little excuses for brains. Or they are just so
jealous of our freedom that it make them hate us. Nah, that last idea
is too stupid for ANYBODY to believe. Right?

Old July 9th 05, 12:06 PM
Shag

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:05:01 +0100, "Juper Wort"
> wrote:

>Where is she staying ? This whole place is quite small, and it doesn't take
>long to get anywhere really.

She is staying with her cousin Caroline part of the trip, her "Auntie
Maureen" part of the time, and her uncle Roy part of the time. I
don't know what area any of them live in. :-) I've met Roy a couple
of times, though. He's a cool guy. He helped me build one of the
work benches in my garage during one of his visits, and showed me how
to cook "lard potatoes." MMMM.... *drool*

Old July 9th 05, 02:33 PM
johnboy

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:05:01 +0100, "Juper Wort"
> > wrote:
>

>>Where is she staying ? This whole place is quite small, and it doesn't
>>take
>>long to get anywhere really.

> She is staying with her cousin Caroline part of the trip, her "Auntie
> Maureen" part of the time, and her uncle Roy part of the time.

Hold on, here! You mean your wife is gorgeous AND English? Methinks you are
just too lucky.

London. L.W.(ßill) Hughes III Jeep 74 July 29th 05 02:54 PM
London Olympics Ross Garrett BMW 12 July 7th 05 09:01 PM
London to use intelligent speed traps to catch highway killers Jim Yanik Driving 1 April 14th 05 06:06 PM
Independent BMW garages - London SW moxy BMW 2 March 25th 05 05:34 PM
E39 Police Cars in London [email protected] BMW 32 February 6th 05 12:31 AM