Zero-Rust vs, Por-15

Old July 30th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Scott Buchanan

Default Zero-Rust vs, Por-15

Any preferences?

Old July 31st 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
DellDude

POR-15 works great until it fails.

The directions say apply to rust for best adhesion. Unfortunatly, rust is
not attached to the metal very good. Reports from others, it works great
until it peels off. My simple test had it fail and peel off. I blasted and
left a very light coating of rust and painted. One hit from a hammer and it
all peeled off.

I never tried zero rust.

The question is how long do you want it to look good?

If you want more than a few years you need to take the rust off. Spray a
good epoxy primer and use 2k paints.

Old July 31st 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Scott Buchanan

I suspect that there is no magic potion. Taking off all the rust is a
daunting task. Not worth the effort on this car.

What is 2k paint?

thanks

Old August 29th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
dwcars

Have never had anything but good luck with POR-15.

Rust holes enginerd477 Technology 15 July 31st 06 03:51 AM
2004 Mustang Convertible: Rust on pedal levers. Dinsdale Ford Mustang 2 March 19th 05 02:21 AM
Additional notes on electrolytic rust removal Bob Hoover VW air cooled 2 October 28th 04 01:09 AM
F.S. RUST FREE 80's BLAZER,PICKUP PARTS, in NH, ME (Military) MilitaryTruckParts 4x4 2 March 27th 04 05:49 PM