New Crank positioned senor didn't help

Old March 15th 08, 12:33 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Bruce

Default New Crank positioned senor didn't help

Got part, Dealer said Crank positioned senor was behind the power steering
pump on the right side of motor, and I would have to pull power steering
pump bracket. It took 2 hours to remove the pump and bracket, and the upper
and lower plastic cover over the cam shaft belt. Could not find Crank
positioned senor! Called a local garage, and was told the senor was on
other side of motor, over the starter! It was there! Put part in, Started
fine, Ran OK for 5 miles, then it cut off the Cruise Control by its self
and motor started cutting out (Missing). I will try to get a new error code
soon. Any Ideas?
Old March 15th 08, 11:51 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Bruce" > wrote in message
. 70...
> Got part, Dealer said Crank positioned senor was behind the power steering
> pump on the right side of motor, and I would have to pull power steering
> pump bracket. It took 2 hours to remove the pump and bracket, and the

upper
> and lower plastic cover over the cam shaft belt. Could not find Crank
> positioned senor! Called a local garage, and was told the senor was on
> other side of motor, over the starter! It was there! Put part in, Started
> fine, Ran OK for 5 miles, then it cut off the Cruise Control by its self
> and motor started cutting out (Missing). I will try to get a new error

code
> soon. Any Ideas?

Your gonna have to get out your DVO meter and start doing checks while you
wiggle wires. Since it is an intermittent problem you may have a hard time
finding it unless you see a shorted wire in the harness or bad pin in a
connector. Is this a 2 or four door Stratus?

Glenn

Old March 17th 08, 08:08 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Bruce

"maxpower" > wrote in
:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> . 70...
>> Got part, Dealer said Crank positioned senor was behind the power
>> steering pump on the right side of motor, and I would have to pull
>> power steering pump bracket. It took 2 hours to remove the pump and
>> bracket, and the

> upper
>> and lower plastic cover over the cam shaft belt. Could not find Crank
>> positioned senor! Called a local garage, and was told the senor was
>> on other side of motor, over the starter! It was there! Put part in,
>> Started fine, Ran OK for 5 miles, then it cut off the Cruise Control
>> by its self and motor started cutting out (Missing). I will try to
>> get a new error

> code
>> soon. Any Ideas?

> Your gonna have to get out your DVO meter and start doing checks while
> you wiggle wires. Since it is an intermittent problem you may have a
> hard time finding it unless you see a shorted wire in the harness or
> bad pin in a connector. Is this a 2 or four door Stratus?
>
> Glenn

It's a 4 door, I'm now getting an error code 0300 Could it be the spark
plug wires? They look good and the problems comes and goes. It's
starting fine now, just starts missing while driving.
Thanks for your help
Bruce
Old March 17th 08, 09:11 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Bruce" > wrote in message
. 70...
> "maxpower" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > . 70...
> >> Got part, Dealer said Crank positioned senor was behind the power
> >> steering pump on the right side of motor, and I would have to pull
> >> power steering pump bracket. It took 2 hours to remove the pump and
> >> bracket, and the

> > upper
> >> and lower plastic cover over the cam shaft belt. Could not find Crank
> >> positioned senor! Called a local garage, and was told the senor was
> >> on other side of motor, over the starter! It was there! Put part in,
> >> Started fine, Ran OK for 5 miles, then it cut off the Cruise Control
> >> by its self and motor started cutting out (Missing). I will try to
> >> get a new error

> > code
> >> soon. Any Ideas?

> > Your gonna have to get out your DVO meter and start doing checks while
> > you wiggle wires. Since it is an intermittent problem you may have a
> > hard time finding it unless you see a shorted wire in the harness or
> > bad pin in a connector. Is this a 2 or four door Stratus?
> >
> > Glenn
> >

> It's a 4 door, I'm now getting an error code 0300 Could it be the spark
> plug wires? They look good and the problems comes and goes. It's
> starting fine now, just starts missing while driving.
> Thanks for your help
> Bruce

A P0300 is a multiple cylinder misfire and could be almost anything from
fuel problems to plugs and wires, clogged exhaust you name it!!

Glenn

Old March 18th 08, 12:27 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Bruce

"maxpower" > wrote in
:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> . 70...
>> "maxpower" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>> > "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> > . 70...

and
>> > upper

Crank

was

in,

Control
>> > code
>> >

>> > Your gonna have to get out your DVO meter and start doing checks

while
>> > you wiggle wires. Since it is an intermittent problem you may have

>> > hard time finding it unless you see a shorted wire in the harness

or
>> > bad pin in a connector. Is this a 2 or four door Stratus?
>> >
>> > Glenn
>> >

>> It's a 4 door, I'm now getting an error code 0300 Could it be the

spark
>> plug wires? They look good and the problems comes and goes. It's
>> starting fine now, just starts missing while driving.
>> Thanks for your help
>> Bruce

> A P0300 is a multiple cylinder misfire and could be almost anything

from
> fuel problems to plugs and wires, clogged exhaust you name it!!
>
> Glenn

I'm going to put new plug wires on and look at the exhaust Cat.
Converter before I take it to the local garage. I miss the old days of
Chev 283 and 327. I could work on those. I really do thank you for your
help and I'll post the fix if I ever find it!
Thanks! Bruce
Old March 19th 08, 03:32 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
aarcuda69062

In article >,
"maxpower" > wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> . 70...
> > "maxpower" > wrote in
> > :
> >

> > > "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > . 70...
> > > upper
> > > code
> > >

> > > Your gonna have to get out your DVO meter and start doing checks while
> > > you wiggle wires. Since it is an intermittent problem you may have a
> > > hard time finding it unless you see a shorted wire in the harness or
> > > bad pin in a connector. Is this a 2 or four door Stratus?
> > >
> > > Glenn
> > >

> > It's a 4 door, I'm now getting an error code 0300 Could it be the spark
> > plug wires? They look good and the problems comes and goes. It's
> > starting fine now, just starts missing while driving.
> > Thanks for your help
> > Bruce

> A P0300 is a random cylinder misfire and could be almost anything from
> fuel problems to plugs and wires, clogged exhaust you name it!!
>
> Glenn

Fixed it for ya.
Old March 19th 08, 10:06 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "maxpower" > wrote:
>
> > "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > . 70...
> > > "maxpower" > wrote in
> > > :

Crank

in,

Control

while

> > > It's a 4 door, I'm now getting an error code 0300 Could it be the

spark
> > > plug wires? They look good and the problems comes and goes. It's
> > > starting fine now, just starts missing while driving.
> > > Thanks for your help
> > > Bruce

> > A P0300 is a random cylinder misfire and could be almost anything from
> > fuel problems to plugs and wires, clogged exhaust you name it!!
> >
> > Glenn

> Fixed it for ya.

Lost me?

Old March 20th 08, 04:16 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
aarcuda69062

In article >,
"maxpower" > wrote:

> "aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "maxpower" > wrote:
> >
> > > "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > . 70...

> Crank

> in,

> Control

> while

> spark
> > >

> > > A P0300 is a random cylinder misfire and could be almost anything from

^^^^^^

Old March 20th 08, 10:17 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "maxpower" > wrote:
>
> > "aarcuda69062" > wrote in message

power

pull

and

> > Crank

was

part
> > in,

> > Control

> > while

have a

harness or

> > spark

from
> ^^^^^^

> > > Fixed it for ya.

> > Lost me?

Our books are written as a multiple meaning more then one. Random is one or
the other. The fault code in the diagnostic book say's "P0300 as a multiple
cylinder misfire" meaning more then one

Old March 21st 08, 06:42 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
aarcuda69062

In article >,
"maxpower" > wrote:

> Our books are written as a multiple meaning more then one. Random is one or
> the other. The fault code in the diagnostic book say's "P0300 as a multiple
> cylinder misfire" meaning more then one

Sorry but, a P0300 is not a manufacturer defined code. It is a
SAE defined generic OBDII code and is defined as a random
misfire.