GPL for rF v1.2 spotted in the wild...

Old August 31st 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr. Sylvestre[_2_]

Default GPL for rF v1.2 spotted in the wild...

Look for "F1 Classic 1.2".

This thing is rapidly becoming my favourite OW mod on rFactor.

Now if we could get a Spa'67 of similar quality to VLM Le Mans...

Regards,
Mr. S.
Old August 31st 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Loblaw

"Mr. Sylvestre" <MrSylvestre@worldcompany> wrote in message
> Look for "F1 Classic 1.2".
>
> This thing is rapidly becoming my favourite OW mod on rFactor.
>
> Now if we could get a Spa'67 of similar quality to VLM Le Mans...
>
> Regards,
> Mr. S.

It's not on rFactorcentral.

Old August 31st 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr. Sylvestre[_2_]

Bob Loblaw wrote:

> It's not on rFactorcentral.

Google is your friend.
Old September 1st 07, 10:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Arto Wikla

>You can find it he http://www.racesimtracker.com/

>Too bad they did not fix the car speeds in V1.2 (I'm still 10 seconds
>faster than my best ever laptime at Kya in GPL, for instance), but still
>this mod / conversion is a blast.

This is the first time after GPL when (to me) any sim feels
like GPL! Very, very nice mod! Thanks for the makers and brave
publishers! ;-)

Arto

Old September 4th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mika Takala[_2_]

> It's not on rFactorcentral.

It might be because they just ripped of GPLEA car models for their mod
without GPLEA:s permission.

I'm not touching mods that have this kind of history.....

--
Mika Takala

Old September 4th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mcewena

On Sep 4, 10:03 am, "Mika Takala"
> wrote:
> > It's not on rFactorcentral.

> It might be because they just ripped of GPLEA car models for their mod
> without GPLEA:s permission.
>
> I'm not touching mods that have this kind of history.....
>
> --
> Mika Takala

Are GPLEA still around to *give* their permission?

Old September 5th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mika Takala[_2_]

> Are GPLEA still around to *give* their permission?

Their site is still up with contact details and I think they are visiting
RSC forums, so....

--
Mika Takala

Old September 5th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mcewena

On Sep 5, 12:07 pm, "Mika Takala"
> wrote:
> > Are GPLEA still around to *give* their permission?

> Their site is still up with contact details and I think they are visiting
> RSC forums, so....
>
> --
> Mika Takala

gplea.org expired back in july, their rsc site hasn't had any news
updates since '05

Yeah, I couldn't see anything there from anybody claiming to speak on
their behalf that was against this mod except from a quality
standpoint (lots of people speaking on their own behalf).

I hope they can get it sorted. Be a shame for their work to
dissappear when the last GPL player dies, if they're not into any
other sims it would be nice for their work to be seen by a wider
audience.

This particular mod is probably doomed because of the bad blood around
the version 1 content.

Another prominent Simracer spotted timmy thompson Simulators 3 February 11th 07 11:58 PM
2007 Unlimited Spotted Outatime[_1_] Jeep 61 November 1st 06 12:56 AM
4 door TJ spotted Dennis Cox Jeep 5 July 6th 05 09:40 PM
Spotted an 05 GT Convertible today SVTKate Ford Mustang 4 March 7th 05 02:18 PM
rFActor - Fix already been spotted? Hans de Heer Simulators 0 January 1st 05 01:37 PM