Real life driving simulation for PC

Old August 30th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
dXdYdZdu

Default Real life driving simulation for PC

Is there any? To learn how to drive with all rules.

Old August 31st 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
nathantw

Not sure if there is one for the general public.

However, for teens try going to AAA or www.csaa.com and look for the teen
driving dvd. It might be what you're looking for.

Old August 31st 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
nathantw[_1_]

On Aug 30, 1:41 pm, "dXdYdZdu" > wrote:
> Is there any? To learn how to drive with all rules.

Oh, one other game you might want to try is Midtown Madness or Midtown
Madness 2. It's not really a driving simulator, but you'll get the
experience of driving on the road with other cars and traffic lights.
My son used to drive like it was real life with the games.

Old September 1st 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Vectrex

On Sep 1, 2:46 am, nathantw > wrote:
> On Aug 30, 1:41 pm, "dXdYdZdu" > wrote:
>
> > Is there any? To learn how to drive with all rules.

> Oh, one other game you might want to try is Midtown Madness or Midtown
> Madness 2. It's not really a driving simulator, but you'll get the
> experience of driving on the road with other cars and traffic lights.
> My son used to drive like it was real life with the games.

I would suggest both Live for Speed and Richard burns rally. Both have
excellent driver training sections and LFS tarmac feels very realistic
to me. Richard burns gravel driving feels spot on and will definately
build in a corrective sense when on loose surfaces. Which if my local
paper is anything to go by is a massive killer. People getting on to
loose edges of a road, waiting too long to correct and then over
correcting only to skid sideways onto the other side of the road seems
to happen constantly. These games will help build in some motor reflex
memory. btw After playing these games I actually slowed down in real
life because I crashed so much Get a decent wheel though like a
Logitech G25 with full lock and clutch to simulate the real thing.

Old September 5th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:41:24 +0200, dXdYdZdu wrote:

> Is there any? To learn how to drive with all rules.

I saw one at Staples years ago but don't know if they still sell it.
Here's a bus simulator though.

http://www.busdrivergame.com/
Old September 5th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Kasey Chang \(remove EATSPAM to reply\)

"dXdYdZdu" > wrote in message
> Is there any? To learn how to drive with all rules.

As the "rules" differ from state to state, city to city, and country to
country, I'd say such a thing
does not exist.

--KC

A-n-o-n-y-m-i-t-y in Real Life and ALL popular 0nline Protocols [email protected] Car Show Photos 0 July 26th 07 05:13 AM
The best driving simulation? Diet Rich Driving 3 June 1st 05 06:21 AM
Life saving driving tips Jason Honda 16 May 13th 05 04:26 PM
I bet Laura is not a LLB in real life 223rem Driving 9 May 2nd 05 02:12 PM