E60 window noise problem

Old October 8th 04, 05:52 PM
Oliver Hui

Default E60 window noise problem

HI all,

I took delivery of an E60 this February. The car was very quiet and nice
etc. at first but a month ago, the windows start 'acting up'.

The glass of the windows now rub against the window frames whenever the car
is in motion; it is like the road vibration causes the glass to rub against
the window frame and this constant rubbing makes an incessant 'click' noise.

In order to lessen the amount of 'click' noise, I have to lower the windows
a little. The more I lower the windows, the less 'click' is generated from
each window. Sitting inside the car is like listening to a 'clicking'
orchestra.

Maybe the car was 'tight' at first and as it breaks in (car now has 8000km),
it gets 'loosened up'? I don't know.

Strange problem but really, really, irritating. I don't take passengers now
because it is embarrassing.

I wonder if any readers have similar problems, and whether anyone can
recommend a fix?

I'm taking the car to the dealer in a few weeks. Maybe they'll change all 4
doors. (smile). I've written to BMW corporate, and they responded within a
few hours - stating that they will look into it.

Every else works perfectly.

Oliver

( www.solobis.com/huioliver )

Old October 11th 04, 11:42 AM
Frank Kemper

"Oliver Hui" > haute in die Tasten:

> I wonder if any readers have similar problems, and whether anyone can
> recommend a fix?

It may be necessary to adjust the windows, I would not do that on my own.
Besides that it could be a solution to apply some grease (vaseline) very
sparsely to the edges of the window. This may help to fit the windows
more firmly into the frame. But a new windows adjustment should do it
perfectly.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old October 11th 04, 08:53 PM
tech27

DO NOT USE VASELINE or any petroleum based products on anything that is
rubber or will come in contact with it. It will cause it to dry, harden,
degrade and fail. There is something call Gumiphledge (?) available at BMW
dealers. I 've heard guys using it for exactly this purpose and it working
very well.

Old October 13th 04, 05:16 PM
sealinc

I would suggest, even though I stock it, investing in the BMW TIS
(Technical Information System) CD-rom dated 6/04. It contains critical
factory issued Service Bulletins on the E60. It will also give you
ammunition if you have to file a claim against BMW regarding the problem.
If interested, e-mail me.

Old November 7th 04, 11:44 PM
Romulus Marius Mare

two words: carbaflo and http://forums.e60.net/

"Oliver Hui" > wrote in message
> HI all,
>
> I took delivery of an E60 this February. The car was very quiet and nice
> etc. at first but a month ago, the windows start 'acting up'.
>
> The glass of the windows now rub against the window frames whenever the
> car is in motion; it is like the road vibration causes the glass to rub
> against the window frame and this constant rubbing makes an incessant
> 'click' noise.
>
> In order to lessen the amount of 'click' noise, I have to lower the
> windows a little. The more I lower the windows, the less 'click' is
> generated from each window. Sitting inside the car is like listening to a
> 'clicking' orchestra.
>
> Maybe the car was 'tight' at first and as it breaks in (car now has
> 8000km), it gets 'loosened up'? I don't know.
>
> Strange problem but really, really, irritating. I don't take passengers
> now because it is embarrassing.
>
> I wonder if any readers have similar problems, and whether anyone can
> recommend a fix?
>
> I'm taking the car to the dealer in a few weeks. Maybe they'll change all
> 4 doors. (smile). I've written to BMW corporate, and they responded
> within a few hours - stating that they will look into it.
>
> Every else works perfectly.
>
> Oliver
>
> ( www.solobis.com/huioliver )

Engine noise after belt replacements Remy Audi 3 April 14th 09 10:13 PM
2004 Elantra Airbag Problem TImothy A. Roy Audi 4 October 8th 04 05:07 PM
Broken driver window system A6 2000 (repost) Josh Audi 2 September 28th 04 11:10 PM
Driver window A2 -2000 Josh Audi 0 September 6th 04 05:43 PM
Alfa 164 Electric Window problem Emjay Alfa Romeo 2 July 13th 04 12:42 AM