A/C charging port

Old April 28th 09, 11:10 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Shane[_5_]

Default A/C charging port

I have a 98 Caravan. I usually charge my own AC, but I have never
tried on this vehicle. I can't figure out which port to use. I see 3.
One in the middle of the manifold by the dipstick, one on the lower
left of the engine, and one on the left fender. The one on the fender
is plastic and labeled Service Port. This seems to be the obvious
choice, but my adapter does not hold tight. The plastic seems weird.

Any ideas? My gauges clip on typically.

TIA,
Shane
Old April 30th 09, 05:12 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Steve[_27_]

"Shane" > wrote in message
>I have a 98 Caravan. I usually charge my own AC, but I have never
> tried on this vehicle. I can't figure out which port to use. I see 3.
> One in the middle of the manifold by the dipstick, one on the lower
> left of the engine, and one on the left fender. The one on the fender
> is plastic and labeled Service Port. This seems to be the obvious
> choice, but my adapter does not hold tight. The plastic seems weird.
>
> Any ideas? My gauges clip on typically.

To quote the factory manual: "The Low Side (Suction) valve service port is
located on the suction line near the compressor"

Old April 30th 09, 07:27 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
I'm Right

Your van does not need a recharge!
If it is low on Freon (R134a) it is L E A K I N G and needs to be repaired.
It is probably the Evaporator core as it is on most chrysler products.
It should be covered under recall warranty.
But since they are bankrupt, write to the czar obama.

--
I'm Right, U R Wrong!

Old May 1st 09, 03:25 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
HLS

"I'm Right" > wrote in message
> Your van does not need a recharge!
> If it is low on Freon (R134a) it is L E A K I N G and needs to be
> repaired.
> It is probably the Evaporator core as it is on most chrysler products.
> It should be covered under recall warranty.
> But since they are bankrupt, write to the czar obama.

Good possibility you are right. Chrysler has problems with leaks in the
evaporator
cores.

I had this with my 97 van, and replaced the core myself. Still, it was not
a cheap job.

Old May 3rd 09, 11:18 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
truckdriver

On Apr 30, 10:25*pm, "HLS" > wrote:
> "I'm Right" > wrote in message

> > Your van does not need a recharge!
> > If it is low on Freon (R134a) it is L E A K I N G *and needs to be
> > repaired.
> > It is probably the Evaporator core as it is on most chrysler products.
> > It should be covered under recall warranty.
> > But since they are bankrupt, write to the czar obama.

> Good possibility you are right. Chrysler has problems with leaks in the
> evaporator
> cores.
>
> I had this with my 97 van, and replaced the core myself. *Still, it was not
> a cheap job.

and with fiat going to be the new owners the chrysler corp just went
foreign and now they are going to be junk like the rest of the foreign
cars from italy
Old May 8th 09, 07:24 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Tony D.

truckdriver wrote:
> On Apr 30, 10:25 pm, "HLS" > wrote:
>> "I'm Right" > wrote in message

>>> Your van does not need a recharge!
>>> If it is low on Freon (R134a) it is L E A K I N G and needs to be
>>> repaired.
>>> It is probably the Evaporator core as it is on most chrysler products.
>>> It should be covered under recall warranty.
>>> But since they are bankrupt, write to the czar obama.

>> Good possibility you are right. Chrysler has problems with leaks in the
>> evaporator
>> cores.
>>
>> I had this with my 97 van, and replaced the core myself. Still, it was not
>> a cheap job.

> and with fiat going to be the new owners the chrysler corp just went
> foreign and now they are going to be junk like the rest of the foreign
> cars from italy

Chrysler would kill to build the quality and type of vehicles Fiat makes.

ScanGuage for OBD II port? [email protected] Technology 0 November 26th 08 08:15 PM
92 325 is computer port GummiBeer BMW 0 April 27th 08 01:22 AM
Repost by request: 1956 Ford Thunderbird with Port-Hole Hardtop 312 CID 225HP Unrestored Port Hole Detail White (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 244058 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 02:49 AM
Where is the diagnostics port? DervMan Honda 7 April 24th 06 07:11 AM
OBD II Port Location gkucera BMW 1 October 17th 04 07:52 PM