Qu: Rotors for 200Q and S6

Old May 20th 04, 06:35 AM
Tony

Default Qu: Rotors for 200Q and S6

These two cars ashare the same part number for their rotors - 441 615 301A.
For some reason, Evolution Sports claim to have an ATE PowerDisc for teh 200
but not the S6.

Do these cars really share the same rotors.

TIA

Tony
96 S6

Old May 21st 04, 05:06 PM
quattro-v8

"Tony" > wrote in message m>...
> These two cars ashare the same part number for their rotors - 441 615 301A.
> For some reason, Evolution Sports claim to have an ATE PowerDisc for teh 200
> but not the S6.
>
> Do these cars really share the same rotors.
>
> TIA
>
> Tony
> 96 S6

1990 Audi 200 quattro came with the infamous UFO (ATE) brakes while
the S6 always used standard disc brakes. Later 200 and V8 Quattro
came with standard Girling G60 brakes from the S4 and S6 series. Even
though the UFO (ATE) had better stopping power, too many customers
complained about disc warpage.
Old May 21st 04, 07:34 PM
Steve Sears

Tony,
Is that for the front, or rear rotors - I thought that the 200Q (with the
optional towing package) and urS4/6 rears were the same (vented disc)?
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - Power Disc equipped G60's on front, Zimmerman vented disc
on rear (200q towing package calipers), Metalmasters all around
1980 Audi 5k - dusty disc/drum pads with OEM disc/drums
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - front inboard (tranny mounted)
drum brakes, baby.....and you thought UFO's were wierd?

(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
"quattro-v8" > wrote in message
om...

m>...

Old May 22nd 04, 05:23 AM
Tony

So it looks as if teh 91 200 and S4/S6 did sharew the same disc brakes at
the front. My problem was I was looking online at a couple of sources for
ATE Power Disc rotors that showed a 276x25mm part for a 200 but not teh
S4/S6.

Anyway, my problem is solved. I've ordered a pair of slotted rotors from ECS
Tuning

Tony
96 S6

"quattro-v8" > wrote in message