2002 Suzuki Vitara door panel

Old August 6th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Dan Dubosky

Default 2002 Suzuki Vitara door panel

The driver's window on my Suzuki Vitara is very slow in mid-range going up.
Sometimes it even stops and must be manually assisted. Going down is no
problem. In order to inspect the tracks and possibly lubricate them and any
worm gear involved, I tried to remove the door panel. I cannot remove the
small plastic panel behind the door latch. I can remove the Phillips head
screw and a small rubber piece on the lower side of this panel, but cannot
see if there is something to remove in the hole of the rubber piece. Unless
I can remove this small panel behind the latch, there is no chance of
removing the entire panel.

Can anyone tell me how this little plastic panel behind the latch is
removed?

Thanks for your time.

Dan

Old August 10th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

I'm having exactly the same problem with trying to get the "little
plastic panel" off! I want access to fix the door lock mechanism
though.

I feel a little better knowing that at least one other person has tried
and is having a problem.

Anyone???

BTW Dan, I've occasionally just sprayed CRC, WD-40 etc down into the
compartment through the window hole when the window is down and it's
made a big difference to the winding speed, so I must be hitting
something that need lubricating. Try and get a spray can that has a
little straw on it to squeeze past the glass. The first couple of
times I did it I worried that the spray would melt the window tint or
something, but the overspray seems to wipe off without any trouble. I
also do the runners up the side of the window frame. I've done this to
several different windows on several different cars and would do it
again before going to the trouble of removing the door panel.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Old August 10th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Dan Dubosky

Brian, see my similar posting in alt.autos. I finally got the little panel
removed and was able to lubricate the channels of the door mechanism.

Dan

oups.com...

old suzuki vitara Destinydonna 4x4 0 April 27th 06 10:16 PM
Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
Suzuki Vitara fuel injection short Pig Sick Technology 2 March 15th 05 07:19 PM
Suzuki Vitara fuel injection short [email protected] 4x4 3 March 15th 05 01:22 AM
Suzuki Grand Vitara Paul Rooney 4x4 12 May 3rd 04 09:11 PM