opinions on new 2005 Grand Caravan SXT

Old February 26th 05, 08:28 PM
snow

Default opinions on new 2005 Grand Caravan SXT

I was curious if anyone has bought the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with the
fold into the floor 2nd and 3rd seats and is it a good buy? I see Consumer
Reports
has put it on their recommendation list, which is rare for a Caravan. I own
a 1992 Caravan, and though getting old it has held up well with no tranny
problems, etc. Anyways, would enjoy some opinions on the 2005 Grand Caravan.
I plan to buy a van this summer but undecided on what to get. I got it
narrowed down to the Caravan, or a 2 to 3 year old Sienna or Odyssey. I
can't convince myself to go after a Ford minivan though, given its shaky
history.

Old February 27th 05, 02:38 PM
nfisherman

snow wrote:
> I was curious if anyone has bought the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

with the
> fold into the floor 2nd and 3rd seats and is it a good buy? I see

Consumer
> Reports
> has put it on their recommendation list, which is rare for a Caravan.

I own
> a 1992 Caravan, and though getting old it has held up well with no

tranny
> problems, etc. Anyways, would enjoy some opinions on the 2005 Grand

Caravan.
> I plan to buy a van this summer but undecided on what to get. I got

it
> narrowed down to the Caravan, or a 2 to 3 year old Sienna or Odyssey.

> can't convince myself to go after a Ford minivan though, given its

shaky
> history.

We bought an '05 GC SXT in November. We love it. It hasn't given us a
minute of trouble. The larger engine gives it nice power too. The
Stow N Go seats are convenient. I'm not sure how comfortable they'd be
for adults, but we only use them for baby seats anyway.

I considered the Nissan Quest before buying, but the deals on the GC
are just too good to pass up. The Nissan would have cost about $5000
more.

A friend liked ours so much that he went out and bought one too. He
found a Special Edition SXT with a few more bells and whistles. His
has the back up alarm and satellite radio installed. If that stuff is
important to you, look for the Special Edition.

Old February 27th 05, 07:25 PM
snow

I figure there will be decent buys on the 2005 SXT when 2006 models come in,
should be some steep discounts.

Old February 27th 05, 09:54 PM
nfisherman

snow wrote:
> I figure there will be decent buys on the 2005 SXT when 2006 models

come in,
> should be some steep discounts.

Could be, although they're discounting heavily right now. I got mine
at invoice and then another $3000 in rebates after that and then 0%
financing. I couldn't say no. Of course, I needed a new car anway.
Our new twins' car seats wouldn't fit in our Subaru!

2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle Audi 36 February 22nd 05 02:32 PM
2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle BMW 34 February 22nd 05 02:32 PM
2005 S4 Cab Flyboy Audi 0 November 23rd 04 07:35 PM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM
2005 A6 vs. 2002 S8 vs. 2003 A8 ?? Opinions Viper Audi 11 July 26th 04 08:04 PM