Bad news for 05 owners

Old January 5th 05, 03:30 AM
Gumby

Default Bad news for 05 owners

Glad I have an 04
http://blueovalnews.com/2005/advisor...hip03jan05.htm

Old January 5th 05, 04:45 AM
Ryan West

Blue oval news is like a tabloid. They seem to have it out for Ford. Its
misleading cause you would think that they were Pro Ford by the name but
most everything they put on there site is negative about Ford. Besides i
dont believe everything I read on web sites. We have had our 05 since the
second day it was out. we have over 3500 miles on it and dont have any
problems with it. It is expected with a new model that there will probably
be some problems, thats why you have a warranty just in case. if your not
comfortable with the factory warranty you can always spring for an extended
warranty. Im not worrried about it though, especially since the source was
blueoval news

Ryan
news

Old January 5th 05, 05:39 AM
.boB

Gumby wrote:

> Glad I have an 04
> http://blueovalnews.com/2005/advisor...hip03jan05.htm

Yes, that is true. Notice that the order was
issued in 8/04. If I remember correctly, it delayed
the introduction of the new Mustang by a few weeks or
so until the problem was fixed.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Old January 5th 05, 09:49 PM
Jim S.

"walt peifer" > wrote in message
om...
> All US atuomakers are declining in market share, however honda's 29.4%
> sales increase came at the cost of 1.4% for gm and less than that from
> Ford. Simple math means that mopre cars on the road means more oppritunity
> for complaints.

This does not make any sense at all. Quality ratings are demonstrated by a
ratio; X problems per 1,000 cars. NOT, X problems for entire fleet.
According to your, "simple math," the best thing a manufacturer could do to
improve quality would be to build fewer products. Toyota and Honda have
been improving their quality while building more cars than ever before.

> However, if the average buyer/driver of an American car lavished the
> attention and money on the vehicle as most foreign car owners do. American
> cars would last for 40years and run millions of miles. The mindset of
> folks who buy/drive american is much different than those who buy foreign.

Yeah right.

> As to bad news from FORD.Lincoln./Mercury vs say GM with
> Chev/buick/pontiac/olds/ geo/saturn/Caddy/GMC truck ect...add up all the
> bad post from the various divisions and you'll find that the big three are
> about even....

Actually, quality numbers at GM, in particular at Cadillac, have been
improving quite handily.

> Go to an indpendent(not dealer) service center and check the service
> records with foreign cars accounting for 1/3 the us market then about one
> third of the non-dealer or off warranty repairs should be around one third
> not the one half or more at many indy shops. Also check the parts leaving
> non-dealer shops Discount/Biga Pep boys ect. over 47% sales are acounted
> for by non-us makes less than 10 years old.

Foreign makes control about 50% of the U.S. retail market. Try to find
yourself some real numbers.

Jim S.
'92 LX coupe
'82 Capri (R.I.P.)

Old January 5th 05, 10:47 PM

lol... Jim u need to snag a drink & cool off, bud =). Gettin yer panties all
knotted up. I was just curious.. no need to have a hissy fit.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old January 6th 05, 12:51 AM
Jim S.

Sorry Mike I didn't mean to seem high-strung or anything. My dismissive
words were not directed at you.

Jim S.
'92 LX coupe
'82 Capri (R.I.P.)

. com...

Old January 6th 05, 02:08 AM
Quiet Desperation

In article >, Gumby
> wrote:

> Glad I have an 04
> http://blueovalnews.com/2005/advisor...hip03jan05.htm

Well, mine's not built yet, so...
Old January 6th 05, 04:08 AM
Generic

"walt peifer" > wrote in message
om...
> However, if the average buyer/driver of an American car lavished the
> attention and money on the vehicle as most foreign car owners do. American
> cars would last for 40years and run millions of miles. The mindset of

folks
> who buy/drive american is much different than those who buy foreign.

Never been to the west coast have you? The beat-it-up-leave-it-as-junk cars
of choice are Japanese. Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mazda. There are plenty of
them that have been on the road for 20-30 years.

> Go to an indpendent(not dealer) service center and check the service

records
> with foreign cars accounting for 1/3 the us market then about one third of
> the non-dealer or off warranty repairs should be around one third not the
> one half or more at many indy shops. Also check the parts leaving

non-dealer
> shops Discount/Biga Pep boys ect. over 47% sales are acounted for by

non-us
> makes less than 10 years old.

English, Italian and German cars? They have records similar to the US big
3, or worse.

-John

Old January 6th 05, 02:19 PM
Ralph Snart

> English, Italian and German cars? They have records similar to the US big
> 3, or worse.

Most English cars are crap (as the former proud owner of a Triumph TR-7, I
speak from experience).

German cars have been losing their hold on the market for the past decade -
still good cars, but not living up to the reps that they once had (Mercedes,
BMW, and the venerable VW Bug).

Almost all Italian cars sold in America are exotics, so to compare them to a
Handa or a Ford would be apples and oranges.

Old January 6th 05, 05:53 PM
Jim S.

"Ralph Snart" > wrote in message

> Most English cars are crap (as the former proud owner of a Triumph TR-7, I
> speak from experience).

That's like saying, most American cars are crap, witness my '83 Omni.
There's a big difference between a '75 Triumph and say,
http://motortrend.com/oftheyear/suv/...theyearwinner/

Jim S.
'92 LX coupe
'82 Capri (R.I.P.)