Pic of White Jeep w/black wheels?

Old June 12th 05, 03:35 PM

Default Pic of White Jeep w/black wheels?

Hi Everyone;

I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. I have a white 97 YJ
Sport with Grizzly rims (15 x 7 I think?) and P225/75R15 tires. Well
it's time for new tires and I'd like to make things look a bit
"cooler". Anyway, I've been thinkng about getting the AR767 black
wheels. I've been talking to a local store that does lifts etc. on
jeeps. He recommended I get the AR767 15 X 8 wheels with BFG AT
31/10.5 tires.

So, I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a white Jeep with black
rims. Also, do you think that combination will make much of a
difference in filling up my wheel wells? I don't think I have the cash
for a lift at this point since I have 3 kids in college (it's like an
open artery of cash flowing out).

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Old June 12th 05, 10:54 PM
Ben

Look at this one..

http://www.knology.net/~bmccune/jeep/its_alive.jpg

Ben
95 YJ 2.5L

oups.com...

Old June 12th 05, 11:48 PM
Nathan Otis

That Jeep is smaller than stock!

http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/trip...06-054_720.jpg

This one kinda looks silver...
http://www.can4x4.com/irc/members/s2/lars.jpg

http://www.nensha.com/wet/Moab/day1/images/dscf2341.jpg

Do it.
hth,
n.

Old June 13th 05, 07:10 PM
Jeff Strickland

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi Everyone;
>
> I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. I have a white 97 YJ
> Sport

If you have a '97, then its a TJ, not a YJ. If it has coil springs, then
it's a TJ, if it has leaf springs, it isn't a 97, it's earlier, and then it
is a YJ.

with Grizzly rims (15 x 7 I think?) and P225/75R15 tires. Well
> it's time for new tires and I'd like to make things look a bit
> "cooler". Anyway, I've been thinkng about getting the AR767 black
> wheels. I've been talking to a local store that does lifts etc. on
> jeeps. He recommended I get the AR767 15 X 8 wheels with BFG AT
> 31/10.5 tires.

That would look hot, or cool depending on how old you are.

> So, I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a white Jeep with black
> rims. Also, do you think that combination will make much of a
> difference in filling up my wheel wells? I don't think I have the cash
> for a lift at this point since I have 3 kids in college (it's like an
> open artery of cash flowing out).
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Joe

If you really have a YJ, then those tires will be a tight fit, but they
should be fine in a TJ.

Old June 13th 05, 07:29 PM

Thanks everybody for the pics and advice. I did screw up - it is a 97
TJ.

By the way I'm 47 so, I guess I'll have to settle for "cool" instead of
"hot"

Old June 13th 05, 09:16 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Jackmans.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 13th 05, 09:21 PM
Ben

Actually, it is Stock except for the Ford 8.8 I put in.. What can I say.. It
is a project in the works.. It used to be my DD but now it is my toy... I
have wheeled it.. Mostly mud and fire trails.. But I want to do more.. LOL

Ben
95 YJ 2.5L

Old June 14th 05, 01:37 AM
Nathan Otis

I wasn't bad mouthin ya, Ben. Everyone hasta start somewhere.
n.

Old June 14th 05, 11:43 PM
Jeff Strickland

31 x 10.50s will fit under a TJ with stock rims. It'll be cool. My first
choice would be chrome though, not black.

ups.com...

Old June 15th 05, 04:12 AM

If I wanted the tires to stick out past the flares a bit, would it be
possible to get 31's on rims wider than 15 x 8 without having to
modify anything . If yes, any suggestions as to the proper rim and 31"
tire widths would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

Joe

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 07:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM