Accord 4-cyl mileage

Old January 3rd 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Accord 4-cyl mileage

I am thinking about buying a 2006 Accord 4-cyl. If any Accord owners
reading this can share thier mileage I'd be grateful. 4-cyl?

Old January 3rd 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

We have an '04 Accord EX 4 cyl with 5 speed auto. We are conservative
drivers . Our Accord wven with the a/c on gets 24 to 26 in the city here
in Phoenix . On the hiway 32 to 34 with a/c . The best we have ever gotten
is 37 hiway with no a/c. Scott

Old January 3rd 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Brand new 06 Accord 4cyl, auto, 33mpg on the first tank (70% highway,
20% rural, 10% urban). My wife's previous Accord (2001) with the 2.3L
and automatic got consistently 31mpg in the same type of driving. I
suspect the 06 will probably get a touch better with more mileage. In
my experience, the Accords have always exceeded the EPA ratings and my
wife is a pretty conservative driver.

Old January 3rd 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"higgledy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I am thinking about buying a 2006 Accord 4-cyl. If any Accord owners
> reading this can share thier mileage I'd be grateful. 4-cyl?

I have an '05 Accord LX manual. I got 34mpg+ w/the a/c running from
Maryland to New York and back. (Most of it was above the posted limit).
Otherwise I get around 27mpg give or take with mostly city driving.

-Dave

Old January 3rd 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I have a 2003 Honda Accord 4 cyl with manual transmission. I find that
at 50 MPH, 2000 RPM in 5th gear, I get the best gas mileage. On a trip
from Canton, TX, home of the BIG Flea Market, to Austin, TX, about 200
miles, I averaged more than 50 MPG. To do that I used no air conditioning,
no cruise control and used the built-in Honda navigation system computer
to show me the instantaneous gas mileage number. I routinely get more
than 40 MPG on the highway and more than 30 MPG in the city.

The mileage is very dependent on how you drive. On the highway driving
between 50 and 65 MPH and being careful to accelerate slowly will
consistently yield over 40 MPG.

---
James D. Howard Austin TX USA

Old January 3rd 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

James D. Howard: Your mileage is amazing. How does a driver drive to
get the highest efficiency?

Also, How did you manage to keep your car at 50mph for 200 miles?
Especially in Texas where drivers seem to fly.

Old January 3rd 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

James D. Howard wrote:

> I have a 2003 Honda Accord 4 cyl with manual transmission. I find that
> at 50 MPH, 2000 RPM in 5th gear, I get the best gas mileage. On a trip
> from Canton, TX, home of the BIG Flea Market, to Austin, TX, about 200
> miles, I averaged more than 50 MPG. To do that I used no air conditioning,
> no cruise control and used the built-in Honda navigation system computer
> to show me the instantaneous gas mileage number. I routinely get more
> than 40 MPG on the highway and more than 30 MPG in the city.

I question the accuracy of those navigation systems, especially when
determining instantaneous measurements. You should have measured it the
proven old-fashioned way.

Moreover, are those U.S. gallons or Imperial gallons?
Old January 6th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"higgledy" wrote in message...
> I am thinking about buying a 2006 Accord 4-cyl. If any Accord owners
> reading this can share thier mileage I'd be grateful. 4-cyl?

I have an '02 model (Accord LX w/ 5-spd. manual). I typically get 28-29mpg
around town (although it's a small town, so prolly a little easier on mpg -
not so much congested traffic), and I get anywhere from 35-38 on the
highway. Best was 40mpg on a trip from TX to SoDak, averaging 70mph
(meaning I was driving 75mph on freeway) with A/C on. This was measured by
topping off the tank between fill-ups - I've a very basic model, no
instantaneous mpg displays, etc. I normally try to keep the tach between 2k
and 3k, although it's a little over that when exceeding 70mph. I just
turned over 80k miles on the odo.

I do notice worse mpg during the cold winter months, simply because the
engine is running in a richer mode for a longer period of time to warm up to
running temp. Also, I get worse mpg when using ethanol (the mild stuff, not
the wild E85 stuff), but I run that during winter months so I don't have to
worry so much about the gas line freezing up.

I haven't run my Accord up in the mountains yet, but I noticed with my Dodge
Dakota that the mpg would improve significantly whenever I was driving up
into the mountains. I attributed this to the engine running in a lean
condition and it had not had time for the computer to 'learn' and 'adjust'
to the higher altitude. Either that or the roads in Colorado have harder
pavement. :þ

Old January 6th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

mrdancer wrote:
> I do notice worse mpg during the cold winter months, simply because the
> engine is running in a richer mode for a longer period of time to warm up to
> running temp. Also, I get worse mpg when using ethanol (the mild stuff, not
> the wild E85 stuff), but I run that during winter months so I don't have to
> worry so much about the gas line freezing up.

california uses oxygenated fuel from nov-mar. its a special blend that
gives crappier mileage but supposedly doesnt smog up the air as much
during those months.

Accord 04 mileage improved if in-coming air is heated? [email protected] Honda 45 November 25th 05 11:04 PM
2003 Honda Accord 4 cyl gas mileage on the highway Rob Honda 35 September 16th 05 04:53 AM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
Gas mileage Accord V6 Dave Honda 6 November 24th 04 04:52 PM
Low gas mileage for 1998 Accord jbourgeois Honda 7 October 9th 04 01:01 AM