Another 2000 Wrangler Dana 44 Question

Old May 14th 05, 02:16 PM
JeePenn

Default Another 2000 Wrangler Dana 44 Question

Did all 2000 Wranglers originally equipped with Dana 44 rear
differentials come with the Trac-Lok?

Old May 14th 05, 02:41 PM
Mike Romain

No.

Old May 14th 05, 04:24 PM
Ruel Smith

JeePenn wrote:

> Did all 2000 Wranglers originally equipped with Dana 44 rear
> differentials come with the Trac-Lok?

I believe so. If you ordered the 30" wheel/tire group, you got the Dana 44
and Trac-Loc. Why would anyone want to go the extra expense for the Dana 44
and not get it?

--

Registered Linux user #378193
Old May 15th 05, 02:42 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

IIRC, if you ordered the 30" tire/wheel group, it came with Trac-Loc limited
slip and Dana 44, UNLESS you also had ABS, in which case you had a Dana 35
with Trac Loc. I don't recall exactly if the Dana 44 was available without
the 30" tire/wheel group, but I am guessing no.

Old May 15th 05, 02:16 PM
twaldron

I ordered my 99 Sahara with a D44, Track Loc, and the 29" tire group
since I had a lift planned and did not want the extra expense of the 30"
tire group.

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:
> IIRC, if you ordered the 30" tire/wheel group, it came with Trac-Loc limited
> slip and Dana 44, UNLESS you also had ABS, in which case you had a Dana 35
> with Trac Loc. I don't recall exactly if the Dana 44 was available without
> the 30" tire/wheel group, but I am guessing no.

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old May 15th 05, 08:16 PM

an easy way to tell is to jack the jeep up with both wheels off the
ground. spin one wheel and the other will go in the opposite
direction. When I purchased my TJ, the Trac Lok / dana 44 was an
option. The 30" wheel group was so that you could get a 15 x 8 rim and
not 15 x 7 rim