Automotive trivia challenge

Old March 25th 04, 06:18 PM
John B

Default Automotive trivia challenge

A question was raised that was a bit uncommon and I figured I would
run it by everyone here to see if you could all reach deep into the
recesses of your memories and provide some info on it. I figure that
with the collective knowledge pool available here we can come up with
something pretty definite.

Were there cars made that were short-wheelbase hatchbacks and rear
wheel drive, besides the Chevette? Perhaps the Pinto, but that's not
really the shape I'm looking for. Every other car (Rabbit, Omni, etc)
in that shape has been front wheel drive.

All info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
John
Old March 25th 04, 06:28 PM
Jack Pucci

How about the gremlin and pacer

Old March 25th 04, 08:40 PM
Veronica Thomas

I don't know about whether they are real wheel, but here are a few of that
size. Horizon? Escort? Charade? Mazda 323? What about a CRX? Civic?

Old March 25th 04, 08:43 PM
Veronica Thomas

1985-1987 Toyota Corolla?

Old March 26th 04, 01:47 AM
John B

That's a popular choice, 4 people have offered those as suggestions.

Thanks,
John

Old March 26th 04, 01:52 AM
John B

Veronica,
The Omni (Dodge version of the Plymouth Horizon) GLHS is a very
cool pocket rocket, as is the CRX. People have tweaked those to run
pretty well for what they have, and they are front wheel drive.

The old Corollas, yes, they were RWD! I ride by one a few times a
week. By the 80s they went to FWD, and in the 70s they were RWD. There
was a really neat one made in the 80s, the Corolla FX-16. Check it out
when you get a chance.

Thanks for the suggestions.

John