1964 fury

Old June 17th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default 1964 fury

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/353879235.html

think it's worth 300 bucks? the guy said it's been sitting for fifteen
years, selling for father, claims 50,000 orig miles. is it just me or
does that look like a big block in there?

Old June 17th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Nate Nagel[_2_]

wrote:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/353879235.html

> think it's worth 300 bucks? the guy said it's been sitting for fifteen
> years, selling for father, claims 50,000 orig miles. is it just me or
> does that look like a big block in there?

I'd buy it, just check for rust. Plan on rebuilding anything to do with
the brakes and changing all fluids before even thinking about trying to
start it, will also need gas tank boiled out most likely and fuel pump
and carb rebuilt. Even after all that there's still a chance that you
will need to have the motor and/or trans rebuilt, or find other niggling
issues. As long as you are prepared for this though and think the car
is worth it... can't really tell from the pics but looks like a 2dr
hardtop? would still be OK to fix up a little and then sell if you
decide it's not for you. Assuming you're OK with doing all the work
yourself, that is - don't ever expect to pay a professional to resurrect
a barn car for you. I am not an expert (my experience is with the 225
engines) but I think that is likely a polysphere motor, didn't the B/RB
engines have the distributor in the front? I bet you figured this out
already, but the trans. is an automatic...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old June 18th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxwedge[_38_]

Car is a 63, 318 Poly, owned one with a 426 Maxwedge though. These cars
have very weak underpinnings, look very closely at the torque boxes
behind the subframe and the usual floor issues. I can tell you the
sheet metal alone if good is worth more than that, lots of these being
resurrected as Maxwege or 383 clones, same with the pushbutton T'flite.

--
maxwedge
maxwedge's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=19971

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old June 18th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve B.

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:29:44 -0000, "
> wrote:

>http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/353879235.html
>
>think it's worth 300 bucks? the guy said it's been sitting for fifteen
>years, selling for father, claims 50,000 orig miles. is it just me or
>does that look like a big block in there?

Grab it! Getting a title is no big deal... All the standard stuff
Nate said applys but even if you don't want to fix / keep it buy it,
get a title and put it on e-bay.

Steve B.
Old June 18th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
John Kunkel

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/353879235.html
>
> think it's worth 300 bucks? the guy said it's been sitting for fifteen
> years, selling for father, claims 50,000 orig miles. is it just me or
> does that look like a big block in there?

The visible sheet metal is worth several times the asking price, in fact one
good fender is worth $300.

Gotta love the "Manual trans with push button shift."

Old June 19th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Max Power

cars looks like a great deal for $300

oups.com...

Old June 19th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

wrote:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/353879235.html

> think it's worth 300 bucks?

Hell yeah, even if its just a parts car.
the guy said it's been sitting for fifteen
> is it just me or
> does that look like a big block in there?

Its not a big-block, the distributor is in the back. 318 Poly-head.