2005 Accord whining at 80mph?

Old April 3rd 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2005 Accord whining at 80mph?

Hello,

I have a 2005 Honda Accord Ex Sedan, Automatic with 13,800 miles on it,
and since I got it when I reach 75-80 mph there is this faint whining
coming from the engine that sounds a little like a turbo charger. I
have it in D using all 5 gears when this happens and use Shell Plus 89
octane gas. Is this the i-VTEC kicking in when I hear this sound? It
isnt really reving, maybe 2500 rpm's.

Thanks,
Al

Old April 3rd 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

It's probably just intake whine.

Old April 3rd 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Yeah, I wouldn't be worried about it.

East-

Old April 3rd 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Herpster1966 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 2005 Honda Accord Ex Sedan, Automatic with 13,800 miles on it,
> and since I got it when I reach 75-80 mph there is this faint whining
> coming from the engine that sounds a little like a turbo charger. I
> have it in D using all 5 gears when this happens and use Shell Plus 89
> octane gas. Is this the i-VTEC kicking in when I hear this sound? It
> isnt really reving, maybe 2500 rpm's.
>
> Thanks,
> Al

------------------------------

I'd do a drain-n-fill on the ATF, (early), but that's my favorite fix
for lot's of symptoms :-)

Can't hurt, and you'LL know right away if it helped.

'Curly'
Old April 3rd 06, 11:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On a side note, I noticed you are using Plus 89 in your Accord. You are wasting
some money as you only need 87 in this car. 89 octane won't make any difference
in the performance of your car.

Nick

Old April 5th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Thanks for all the comments I feel a little better. As for the note
about the octane, well I have noticed a small difference in using the
89 and its only $0.10 per gallon. I noticed that the car is a little
more quiet and smooth during accelerations and seems to pickup faster.