Accord 4-cyl mileage

Old January 6th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Accord 4-cyl mileage

"SoCalMike" > wrote
> california uses oxygenated fuel from nov-mar. its a

special blend that
> gives crappier mileage but supposedly doesnt smog up the

air as much
> during those months.

What do you estimate the drop in mileage is, percent-wise,
SoCalMike?

Do the gas stations in your area advertise in any way that
they're using oxygenated fuel? Or is it kinda well-known
just through the grapevine?

Old January 6th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"SoCalMike" wrote

> california uses oxygenated fuel from nov-mar. its a special blend that
> gives crappier mileage but supposedly doesnt smog up the air as much
> during those months.

[Southern] Arizona also uses oxygenated fuel from October - March, and I'm
noticing an improvement in mileage. !? Where I was getting 26-27 "around
town/mixed driving," now under the same circumstances I'm getting 28 or so.

Old January 6th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Elle wrote:
> "SoCalMike" > wrote
>> california uses oxygenated fuel from nov-mar. its a

> special blend that
>> gives crappier mileage but supposedly doesnt smog up the

> air as much
>> during those months.

> What do you estimate the drop in mileage is, percent-wise,
> SoCalMike?

ive heard as much as 5%

> Do the gas stations in your area advertise in any way that

nope. they all have to, and its not much of a selling point (now with
LESS MPG!!!)

> they're using oxygenated fuel? Or is it kinda well-known
> just through the grapevine?

this was the first site i came up with thru google. doesnt tell what
areas need to use the gas, or when (other than "winter months"). also
doesnt mention the drop in MPG.

http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/ty..._gasoline.html
Old January 6th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"SoCalMike" > wrote
> Elle wrote:
> > "SoCalMike" > wrote
> >> california uses oxygenated fuel from nov-mar. its a

> > special blend that
> >> gives crappier mileage but supposedly doesnt smog up

the
> > air as much
> >> during those months.

> > What do you estimate the drop in mileage is,

percent-wise,
> > SoCalMike?

> ive heard as much as 5%
> >
> > Do the gas stations in your area advertise in any way

that

> nope. they all have to, and its not much of a selling

point (now with
> LESS MPG!!!)
>
> > they're using oxygenated fuel? Or is it kinda well-known
> > just through the grapevine?

> this was the first site i came up with thru google. doesnt

tell what
> areas need to use the gas, or when (other than "winter

months"). also
> doesnt mention the drop in MPG.
>
> http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/ty..._gasoline.html

Thanks!

Accord 04 mileage improved if in-coming air is heated? [email protected] Honda 45 November 25th 05 11:04 PM
2003 Honda Accord 4 cyl gas mileage on the highway Rob Honda 35 September 16th 05 04:53 AM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
Gas mileage Accord V6 Dave Honda 6 November 24th 04 04:52 PM
Low gas mileage for 1998 Accord jbourgeois Honda 7 October 9th 04 01:01 AM