Youtube & Ascap

Old December 5th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default Youtube & Ascap

You know, this sounds so weird I bet it may actually be true.

Question... With all the home-guitarists putting up video's on YouTube,
including our beloved Five#, does this mean that YouTube will end up paying
the ASCAP fee?

Hey, if the guitar stores in the UK are being harrased by their version of
ASCAP because a person looking to buy a guitar might play a copyrighted
piece of music, this doesn't sound so strange.

Just thinking...

-Larry

Old December 5th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Darus

On Dec 5, 1:17 pm, "Larry" > wrote:
> You know, this sounds so weird I bet it may actually be true.
>
> Question... With all the home-guitarists putting up video's on YouTube,
> including our beloved Five#, does this mean that YouTube will end up paying
> the ASCAP fee?
>
> Hey, if the guitar stores in the UK are being harrased by their version of
> ASCAP because a person looking to buy a guitar might play a copyrighted
> piece of music, this doesn't sound so strange.
>
> Just thinking...
>
> -Larry

And this relates to the board how?

FFS....at least the running argument with "Archie" last week was
related to racing in some fashion.

Old December 5th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Darus wrote:
> On Dec 5, 1:17 pm, "Larry" > wrote:
>> You know, this sounds so weird I bet it may actually be true.
>>
>> Question... With all the home-guitarists putting up video's on YouTube,
>> including our beloved Five#, does this mean that YouTube will end up paying
>> the ASCAP fee?
>>
>> Hey, if the guitar stores in the UK are being harrased by their version of
>> ASCAP because a person looking to buy a guitar might play a copyrighted
>> piece of music, this doesn't sound so strange.
>>
>> Just thinking...
>>
>> -Larry

> And this relates to the board how?
>
> FFS....at least the running argument with "Archie" last week was
> related to racing in some fashion.

Though there does seem to be a fair number of sim racers who are into
guitars and stuff. Not me though - I am a semitone flat on the high notes...

Considering some of the other OT stuff we have to endure...
Old December 5th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

LOL! Wrong group. Sorry

-Larry

Old December 6th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tom Harrington

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
news
> Darus wrote:
>> On Dec 5, 1:17 pm, "Larry" > wrote:
>>> You know, this sounds so weird I bet it may actually be true.
>>>
>>> Question... With all the home-guitarists putting up video's on YouTube,
>>> including our beloved Five#, does this mean that YouTube will end up
>>> paying
>>> the ASCAP fee?
>>>
>>> Hey, if the guitar stores in the UK are being harrased by their version
>>> of
>>> ASCAP because a person looking to buy a guitar might play a copyrighted
>>> piece of music, this doesn't sound so strange.
>>>
>>> Just thinking...
>>>
>>> -Larry

>> And this relates to the board how?
>>
>> FFS....at least the running argument with "Archie" last week was
>> related to racing in some fashion.

> Though there does seem to be a fair number of sim racers who are into
> guitars and stuff. Not me though - I am a semitone flat on the high
> notes...
>
> Considering some of the other OT stuff we have to endure...

....and real racers - Kenny Brack and Damon Hill are great guitar players!
; /

tUrbo

Old December 6th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Larry wrote:
> LOL! Wrong group. Sorry

LOL! and there was me rationalising your post on here
Old December 6th 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
zeez

Larry wrote:
> You know, this sounds so weird I bet it may actually be true.
>
> Question... With all the home-guitarists putting up video's on YouTube,
> including our beloved Five#, does this mean that YouTube will end up paying
> the ASCAP fee?

****, I never even heard of Asscap, but it looks like another sleasy
corp or association trying to take money out of a company who happened
to be successful. Seems like this is commonplace in business these
days.

**** Asscap.

Old December 6th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"zeez" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Larry wrote:
>> You know, this sounds so weird I bet it may actually be true.
>>
>> Question... With all the home-guitarists putting up video's on YouTube,
>> including our beloved Five#, does this mean that YouTube will end up
>> paying
>> the ASCAP fee?
>>

> ****, I never even heard of Asscap, but it looks like another sleasy
> corp or association trying to take money out of a company who happened
> to be successful. Seems like this is commonplace in business these
> days.
>
> **** Asscap.

They have been around a long time. They kind of screwed up live music in
small clubs 10-15yrs ago in the US. I used to play with a local group and
used to pick up a bit of extra money for a few hours on weekends but ASCAP
ended that because they wanted a lot of money from either the club owner or
the band. After that I played C&W/Bluegrass in Branson but that got old
really quick. Hardly play anymore.

Ed

Old December 6th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Well, I'm not a guitar player. I'm an owner of fine equipment that can
pluck some strings but otherwise sounds like crap

-Larry

Old December 6th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I hate to admit it, but without ASCAP life would be a lot more complicated
for musicians.

They just carry things too far sometimes. Like trying to collect fee's for
kids singing songs around a campfire.

I **** you not:

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...ons/ASCAP.html

-Larry