Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Old June 24th 09, 06:16 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan Baker

Default Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Well...

I'm back from Edmonton and my father's funeral, and I'd like to thank
all of you for your support.

While I didn't reply, I did read your messages, and it helped to know
that there were lots of people out there who cared enough to say it.

Shortly I will be back to my cantankerous self, but I do thank you all.

Alan

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old June 25th 09, 12:03 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tim Adams

In article >,
Alan Baker > wrote:

> Well...
>
> I'm back from Edmonton and my father's funeral, and I'd like to thank
> all of you for your support.
>
> While I didn't reply, I did read your messages, and it helped to know
> that there were lots of people out there who cared enough to say it.
>
> Shortly I will be back to my cantankerous self, but I do thank you all.
>
> Alan

You - cantankerous? :-0

--
regarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting
Old June 25th 09, 12:18 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

I too want to wish you well with your loss. It was moving to me to read all
the messages you got. Those of us who post here often tend to think there's
only a couple people here but tons of folks responded to your message. It
wasn't just the volume but the sincerity that got to me. Sometimes you get
glimpses of humanity still alive out here!

Chris
99BBB

Old June 25th 09, 12:31 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
dene

"Alan Baker" > wrote in message
> Well...
>
> I'm back from Edmonton and my father's funeral, and I'd like to thank
> all of you for your support.
>
> While I didn't reply, I did read your messages, and it helped to know
> that there were lots of people out there who cared enough to say it.
>
> Shortly I will be back to my cantankerous self, but I do thank you all.

Cantankerous.....nah.
Argumentive.......yah. ;>

My grief experience from losing my dad is best described by waves. At first
they are deep and regular but eventually the waves become smaller and more
intermittent. Routinely talking to my mom about it helped both of us heal.

Best wishes to you, Alan.

-Greg

Old June 25th 09, 01:58 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart[_2_]

"Alan Baker" > wrote in message
> Well...
>
> I'm back from Edmonton and my father's funeral, and I'd like to thank
> all of you for your support.
>
> While I didn't reply, I did read your messages, and it helped to know
> that there were lots of people out there who cared enough to say it.
>
> Shortly I will be back to my cantankerous self, but I do thank you all.
>
> Alan
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>

Whoa! You must be sumbuddy in the ski community going by all the support you
got here.

I am sorry for your loss Alan

Old June 25th 09, 02:25 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
hr(bob) [email protected]

On Jun 24, 7:58*pm, "Stuart" > wrote:
> "Alan Baker" > wrote in message

> > Well...

> > I'm back from Edmonton and my father's funeral, and I'd like to thank
> > all of you for your support.

> > While I didn't reply, I did read your messages, and it helped to know
> > that there were lots of people out there who cared enough to say it.

> > Shortly I will be back to my cantankerous self, but I do thank you all.

> > Alan

> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>

> Whoa! You must be sumbuddy in the ski community going by all the support you
> got here.
>
> I am sorry for your loss Alan- Hide quoted text -

He is one of saner semi-regulars who post to this group.
Old June 25th 09, 03:46 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
dugjustdug

On Jun 24, 4:31*pm, "dene" > wrote:
> My grief experience from losing my dad is best described by waves. *At first
> they are deep and regular but eventually the waves become smaller and more
> intermittent. *
> -Greg

I am a bereavement volunteer for our local Hospice. This is the exact
description I give people (v. the whole Dorothy Kuebler-Ross thing)
when they experience a loss.

I hope you and your Family got to celebrate his life as well as
mourning his loss. Welcome back, Alan.
Old June 25th 09, 05:44 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan Baker

In article
dugjustdug > wrote:

> On Jun 24, 4:31*pm, "dene" > wrote:
> > My grief experience from losing my dad is best described by waves. *At first
> > they are deep and regular but eventually the waves become smaller and more
> > intermittent. *
> > -Greg

> I am a bereavement volunteer for our local Hospice. This is the exact
> description I give people (v. the whole Dorothy Kuebler-Ross thing)
> when they experience a loss.
>
> I hope you and your Family got to celebrate his life as well as
> mourning his loss. Welcome back, Alan.

Thanks, Doug. I really appreciate it.

Not only did we give Dad a first class sendoff, but in all the craziness
and family tension, Chris and I found a few hours to play a round of
golf in memory of Dad at his private club. He'd talked about how much he
was looking forward to doing it with Chris and I a couple of years ago
before he got sick and so quite out of the blue Chris and I reached the
same idea that we'd like to do it while we were there.

And the fine folk at Royal Mayfair Golf Club in Edmonton deserve a world
of thanks. A couple of members Dad new arranged it, we played with the
head pro (on his birthday, no less) and his brother and they wouldn't
even let us buy them a beer to say thanks.

In the midst of a very tense time, it was a wonderfully *normal*
afternoon afternoon and very welcome.

Old June 25th 09, 06:05 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
dugjustdug

On Jun 25, 9:44*am, Alan Baker > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *dugjustdug > wrote:
> > On Jun 24, 4:31*pm, "dene" > wrote:
> > > My grief experience from losing my dad is best described by waves. *At first
> > > they are deep and regular but eventually the waves become smaller and more
> > > intermittent. *
> > > -Greg

> > I am a bereavement volunteer for our local Hospice. *This is the exact
> > description I give people (v. the whole Dorothy Kuebler-Ross thing)
> > when they experience a loss.

> > I hope you and your Family got to celebrate his life as well as
> > mourning his loss. *Welcome back, Alan.

> Thanks, Doug. I really appreciate it.
>
> Not only did we give Dad a first class sendoff, but in all the craziness
> and family tension, Chris and I found a few hours to play a round of
> golf in memory of Dad at his private club. He'd talked about how much he
> was looking forward to doing it with Chris and I a couple of years ago
> before he got sick and so quite out of the blue Chris and I reached the
> same idea that we'd like to do it while we were there.
>
> And the fine folk at Royal Mayfair Golf Club in Edmonton deserve a world
> of thanks. A couple of members Dad new arranged it, we played with the
> head pro (on his birthday, no less) and his brother and they wouldn't
> even let us buy them a beer to say thanks.
>
> In the midst of a very tense time, it was a wonderfully *normal*
> afternoon afternoon and very welcome.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>

How cool is this! Your Old Man must have made a number of friends in
his day for them to want to honour him like that. I'm very glad you
and Cuz got to experience some of it.
Old June 25th 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart H.[_2_]

Alan Baker wrote:
> In article
> >,
> dugjustdug > wrote:
>

> Thanks, Doug. I really appreciate it.
>
> Not only did we give Dad a first class sendoff, but in all the craziness
> and family tension, Chris and I found a few hours to play a round of
> golf in memory of Dad at his private club. He'd talked about how much he
> was looking forward to doing it with Chris and I a couple of years ago
> before he got sick and so quite out of the blue Chris and I reached the
> same idea that we'd like to do it while we were there.
>
> And the fine folk at Royal Mayfair Golf Club in Edmonton deserve a world
> of thanks. A couple of members Dad new arranged it, we played with the
> head pro (on his birthday, no less) and his brother and they wouldn't
> even let us buy them a beer to say thanks.
>
> In the midst of a very tense time, it was a wonderfully *normal*
> afternoon afternoon and very welcome.

Alan:
My sincere sympathies. Having lost each of my parents in Vancouver, and
living near Edmonton, you are very fortunate to have support people out
here to have helped with the "send off". I can assure you it is even
more difficult when there are few if any to offer such support.

Stuart H.
Spruce Grove, AB
'91 Eunos Roadster