E30 clutch at 340,000km

Old February 28th 05, 04:08 AM
Somebody

Default E30 clutch at 340,000km

We just pulled the clutch from my iX, not because it was worn out, but
because the throwout bearing went. The clutch is stamped with 5/88, making
it original, and it was still fully funtional -- if not for the bearing
failure I would still be driving on it.

I think that's pretty impressive.

--

-Russ.

Old February 28th 05, 08:18 AM
Dotcom Computers

In ,
Somebody > typed:
> We just pulled the clutch from my iX, not because it was worn out, but
> because the throwout bearing went. The clutch is stamped with 5/88,
> making it original, and it was still fully funtional -- if not for
> the bearing failure I would still be driving on it.
>
> I think that's pretty impressive.

My UK E34 525i with 276,000 miles (440000kms approx) is still on its first
clutch, although I have just replaced the slave cylinder as it was leaking.

Jason

Old February 28th 05, 06:47 PM
Somebody

"Dotcom Computers" > wrote in message
> In ,
> Somebody > typed:
> > We just pulled the clutch from my iX, not because it was worn out, but
> > because the throwout bearing went. The clutch is stamped with 5/88,
> > making it original, and it was still fully funtional -- if not for
> > the bearing failure I would still be driving on it.
> >
> > I think that's pretty impressive.

> My UK E34 525i with 276,000 miles (440000kms approx) is still on its first
> clutch, although I have just replaced the slave cylinder as it was

leaking.

That's pretty dang impressive too I'd say.

-Russ.

Old February 28th 05, 08:51 PM
JB

"Somebody" > wrote in message

> "Dotcom Computers" > wrote in message
> > In ,
> > Somebody > typed:
> > > We just pulled the clutch from my iX, not because it was worn out, but
> > > because the throwout bearing went. The clutch is stamped with 5/88,
> > > making it original, and it was still fully funtional -- if not for
> > > the bearing failure I would still be driving on it.
> > >
> > > I think that's pretty impressive.

> > My UK E34 525i with 276,000 miles (440000kms approx) is still on its

first
> > clutch, although I have just replaced the slave cylinder as it was

> leaking.
> >

> That's pretty dang impressive too I'd say.

Nah, just run in!
My E34 520iT now has 345,644 miles on its *original* clutch. (and yes, I'm
amazed too!!!). I've also fitted a new slave cylinder though.
I do like these E34s!!

JB

Old March 1st 05, 08:20 AM
t0ph3r

"Somebody" > wrote in message
> We just pulled the clutch from my iX, not because it was worn out, but
> because the throwout bearing went. The clutch is stamped with 5/88,

making
> it original, and it was still fully funtional -- if not for the bearing
> failure I would still be driving on it.
>
> I think that's pretty impressive.
>
> --
>
> -Russ.

I don't know what it is with E30 clutches but mine is still going strong
at 475,000KM. The current owner recently replaced his release bearing and
just put it back together with the original clutch. It still works well.
Very impressive indeed.

BTW, he is still running the original starter and alternator (just brush
replacements in alternator).

Old March 2nd 05, 09:27 PM
Dotcom Computers

In ,
JB > typed:
> "Somebody" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dotcom Computers" > wrote in message
>>> In ,
>>> Somebody > typed:

>>> My UK E34 525i with 276,000 miles (440000kms approx) is still on
>>> its first clutch, although I have just replaced the slave cylinder
>>> as it was leaking.
>>>

>> That's pretty dang impressive too I'd say.
>>

> Nah, just run in!
> My E34 520iT now has 345,644 miles on its *original* clutch. (and
> yes, I'm amazed too!!!). I've also fitted a new slave cylinder though.
> I do like these E34s!!
>
> JB

Me too! Just need to find a decent replacment drivers seat in grey velour
with an armrest, as mine is somewhat tired now.

Our look scrappie had about 6 E34's in in various specs, and one had a nice
M-Tech steering wheel, but did not have the right tools to remove that - Are
all steering wheels interchangable on the E34 (This is a non-airbag btw)

Jason

Wrong Clutch Fork? Michael White Jeep 6 February 8th 05 02:33 AM
Need good clutch for '94 4Runner V6 Matt Lang 4x4 4 January 13th 05 11:40 PM
Wacky Clutch Peter Pontbriand Jeep 14 December 19th 04 11:42 AM
Clutch pedal effort on 96 Civic Udayan Bhapkar Honda 1 October 11th 04 02:24 PM
Land Rover Series 3 Clutch bc 4x4 0 August 13th 04 03:36 PM