seatbelts locking

Old March 29th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave[_34_]

Default seatbelts locking

perhaps his has been discussed before, but I've missed it if so...

but these belts are really annoying us - the dealer says it's a "feature" -
we've got an '04 Accord

the belts will occasionally lock up tight to a person and/or lock when you
are trying to get them done up (before you can latch them)

is there any way to disable this "feature" without disabling the ability to
lock on impact?

Dave.

Old March 29th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JB[_6_]

On Mar 29, 9:15 am, "Dave" > wrote:
> perhaps his has been discussed before, but I've missed it if so...
>
> but these belts are really annoying us - the dealer says it's a "feature" -
> we've got an '04 Accord
>
> the belts will occasionally lock up tight to a person and/or lock when you
> are trying to get them done up (before you can latch them)
>
> is there any way to disable this "feature" without disabling the ability to
> lock on impact?
>
> Dave.

I would guess probably not. Tension and the locking cam are preset at
the factory. I would NOT want to start dis-assembling the seat belt
unit and fiddling with the cams.

I have an 04 Accord as well so I know what the issue is. But pull
abit more slowly when getting in and you won't have this problem. Its
one of those "just deal with it" issues.

Old March 31st 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Dave" > wrote in
:

> perhaps his has been discussed before, but I've missed it if so...
>
> but these belts are really annoying us - the dealer says it's a
> "feature" - we've got an '04 Accord
>
> the belts will occasionally lock up tight to a person and/or lock when
> you are trying to get them done up (before you can latch them)
>
> is there any way to disable this "feature" without disabling the
> ability to lock on impact?

Do they still lock if you pull them out slowly? You may be yanking them out
too fast.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 1st 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave[_34_]

OK - I'll try that - might be that - but sometimes locks up as we drive
along (particularly rear ones)
thanks.
Dave.

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> "Dave" > wrote in
> :
>
>> perhaps his has been discussed before, but I've missed it if so...
>>
>> but these belts are really annoying us - the dealer says it's a
>> "feature" - we've got an '04 Accord
>>
>> the belts will occasionally lock up tight to a person and/or lock when
>> you are trying to get them done up (before you can latch them)
>>
>> is there any way to disable this "feature" without disabling the
>> ability to lock on impact?
>>

> Do they still lock if you pull them out slowly? You may be yanking them
> out
> too fast.
>

> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Help need new seatbelts [email protected] Dodge 0 September 3rd 06 01:21 AM
93 zj seatbelts... Curtis Jeep 4 August 9th 06 12:14 AM
Wrangler 97-05 seatbelts? [email protected] Jeep 2 August 15th 05 11:38 PM
pic of 3 seatbelts in a TJ IsellJeeps Jeep 4 June 7th 05 09:20 PM
Automatic Seatbelts '90 MX6 Jon and Cindy Mazda 7 December 26th 04 03:47 AM