Weird A/C Problem..maybe Electrical any ideas please?

Old June 12th 05, 08:10 PM
satunlover

Default Weird A/C Problem..maybe Electrical any ideas please?

I have a 1995 Saturn SC2...I have had it sitting up for awhile..covered..I
checked all electrical systems several months ago.I have decided to sell
the car and had it detailed.To my suprize when I came out to the car ,the
detailers had let the heater run for quite sometime to dry the carpets.At
the moment I didn't think anything about it,but after the left the right
popup light would not operate.I thought maybe it was stuck and then it
started working.At the time I did not notice that the A/C was not blowing
cold.I found that when I turned the fan off the A/C the lights popped
up,but the light in the radio gets dark when I turn them on.Also I found
that the A/C is not blowing cold and I don't hear the compressor trying to
come on when the switch is on..The fan blows but and A/C lights up,just no
cold air and there seems to be some weird problem with the electrical
now..The detailers also pressured washed the engine while it was running..
I have no clue where to even start checking things..I looked for unplugged
wires and also the obivious things ,but can't seem to find anything that
would cause this.Could water have settled somewhere in the engine to cause
this? Anyone with any suggestions is welcome.. Please help?

Old June 12th 05, 08:37 PM
justastreekin

Possibly dirt grease and water going through and around alternator shorted
it out, that might explain the lights dimming , have no idea about A/C .

Old June 14th 05, 08:33 AM
Semi Head

Clean Battery terminals,better yet, Replace the battery cables.

Check & Clean body/engine grounds.

Wierd electrical problem Old Crow Jeep 2 March 22nd 05 10:12 AM
Weird gage problem - HELP! Jeffrey DeWitt Jeep 2 December 7th 04 02:01 AM
2000 grand cherokee- weird lights problem when shut off Kirk Frei Dodge 0 August 5th 04 04:32 AM