Drain holes

Old June 7th 05, 06:50 PM

Default Drain holes

I have a 95 Saturn SL2. After heavy rains, the rear floor of my car is
wet, and there is constant dripping from the molding around the windows
on the driver's side. I know from other posts here that I likely have
clogged drain tubes around my sunroof (factory installed).
However, what I haven't found, and what I don't know, is where they
are. Are they hidden in some way? How many are there? How big are
they? Where do they come out under the car?
Thanks in advance.

Old June 9th 05, 06:39 AM
Lane

The front drain tubes go down through the A-pillars and down in to the
kickpanels. If you remove the trim pieces, you can access the area where
the tube meets the rubber drain fitting (and separate the two & clean them
out if you need to). I'm not sure they're visible from under the car - they
might exit in a location that's behind a body panel.

The rear tubes run down through the C-Pillars and are visible on the sides
of the trunk if you remove the trunk side carpet pieces. They can also be
taken apart to clean, and exit through the spaceframe under the rear quarter
panels. These are not visible from under the car.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

oups.com...

Old June 9th 05, 02:12 PM

Lane,
Thanks a lot. When you say "remove the trim pieces" do you mean to
access the bottom of the drain tubes, or the top? If you are talking
about the bottom, is there anything I need to remove at the top (on the
sunroof) to access the top of the tubes? It seems that's the most
likely location to be plugged up.

Old June 9th 05, 10:22 PM
Lane

Yes, the trim pieces I referred to are in the lower kickpanel area.

To see the tubes where they exit the sunroof frame, you would probably need
to remove the headliner. I t can be done without wrecking it if all the
pillar trim, visors, dome light, and maplight assembly have been removed,
but it will probably take some patience. Hint - there's velcro holding it
up in certain places. I would think you wouldn't need to do that, since you
can probably use a small wire to clean the upper part of the dran hoses by
going in to the holes while the sunroof is open. Be careful though if you
choose to use compressed air, as you could probably blow the hoses apart in
a location where you won't normally see it unless you take things apart.

A pic of what the assembly looks like out of the car is he
http://www.evilplastic.com/photos92/sroof1.jpg . You can see where the
drain hoses attach.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---